Ipb V1.3

Cybernaut

Hi Everybody!

While cpannel offers version 1.2 of yhe invision power board (a free version), I want to upgrade it to version 1.3 (also a free version). But all the links related to v1.3 and lower versions have been removed from invision website. Can anybody help me with a working download link to invision power board 1.3, or if anybody has it, can you give me a copy of it.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Cybernaut.

Welcome to the forums, Cybernaut! :)

While cpannel offers version 1.2 of the invision power board (a free version), I want to upgrade it to version 1.3 (also a free version).

IPB 1.3 appears to be last "free" version, but it's not without problems:

Invision Power Board 1.3(.0) was released under the very old license which allowed full use indefintely without a purchased license. You can use this version without support indefinitely but there are some well publicised security vulnerabilities which have been fixed in later versions.
But all the links related to v1.3 and lower versions have been removed from invision website.

That's because IPB is now a commercial product. Offering free downloads of older versions would take away the incentive for people to buy it.

Can anybody help me with a working download link to invision power board 1.3, or if anybody has it, can you give me a copy of it.

No one may legally provide you with a copy of IPB 1.3 unless they have written permission from Invision Power Services (IPS) - this is written in the IPB license agreement.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the commercial status of IPB - there are so many good products that have gone that way in the past it makes people leary of "free" software - which is a shame because there is good free-and-will-always-be-free stuff out there.