Wordpress 1.5.1.1 Released

Ok. So this is my first WP upgrade (I installed 1.5.1). Is there anything I should know before I do it?

Thanks,

Err...I don´t know. All went wrong when I tried it, so I removed it all and will do a fresh install next week. :thumbup1:

In my case it was a skin/theme I used that had some complaints. But I see no reason that it shouldn´t work unless you have a specific skin.

If you use a skin I guess you can switch it to use the defaut before you upgrade, and all should go well.

In my case it was a skin/theme I used that had some complaints. But I see no reason that it shouldn´t work unless you have a specific skin.

Update: As I said, I had 1.5.1 already installed, so it was a minor upgrade for me.

I downloaded the .zip file to my desktop, and unzipped it. In the wp-content folder, I deleted the themes folder (since I'm using a number of customized themes (I've changed all of them to uniformly allow you to change the theme)) so my current themes wouldn't get changed.

Then I uploaded the entire contents of the folder to my blog directory on my site. I told it to replace all files with the new ones.

Finally, in my browser, I went to my blog's site and went to \wp-admin\upgrade.php and it made the configuration changes by itself.

It was much less painful than I imagined! :thumbup1:

BTW, thanks for the upgrade reminder. I hadn't realized there was a new version! :(

BTW, thanks for the upgrade reminder. I hadn't realized there was a new version! :thumbup1:

I know what you mean. I didn´t know about this upgrade either. Since I don´t post that much in my blog, I don´t read the dashboard very often. That wordpress don´t send me any announcements doesn´t help much either. :(

I just love these version number trends... :(

And Linus Torvalds is the man who creates them all.

When he decided that odd version numbers would mean unstable releases while even version numbers would mean stable releases, a lot of software projects followed the idea.

Now that he decided that the Linux kernel versions would have one more number, we also see that idea being adopted by other software projects.

I wonder if these other projects do it for a reason or simply follow Linus blindly :P

Anywawy, thanks for the update, Thomas :thumbup1:

Thanks for the reminder Thomas

Actually, it´s you Bruce, that should have the credits for this, since I hadn´t known about it unless you and I hadn´t started discussing wordpress/blogs today. :)

Thanks for the reminder Thomas

Actually, it´s you Bruce, that should have the credits for this, since I hadn´t known about it unless you and I hadn´t started discussing wordpress/blogs today. :)

Yeah, but I forgot about it after we talked, so thank you Thomas! :thumbup1: