Mt - Number Of Entries Question

maggieroofus

First of all I just switched over to TCH this weekend after finding out that my hosting provider didn't support MT. So far I'm thrilled with TCH!

Anyway, I'm switching to MT after some experience with their web based blogging service TypePad so I'm a bit familiar with how their templates work etc. but I'm still learning as I go along.

My question is this ...

I'm trying to get it to where I only have one entry on my Main Index page at a time. i.e. if I were to post an entry and then 30 minutes later post another (which wouldn't happen very often) then the more recent post will be visible and the other would be bumbed to the archives.

I tried changing the lastn="10" command to "1" in the entries tag but it's not working. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Welcome to the forums, maggieroofus! :tchrocks:

Changing lastn="10" to "1" should indeed work, unless there's a problem preventing the Main Index page from being rebuilt so it will reflect the change.

Assuming there were no errors when you did a rebuild, you might want to do a View, Refresh in your browser to make sure you're not looking at an old cached copy of your weblog page.

My original post was wrong so I edited out that junk.  "lastn" should work.  What's your site address?

Thanks.

I got it working shortly after posting this but it wouldn't let me edit my post to reflect that. I also didn't realize anyone had responded. I thought I was set up for email responses but I must not be.

Right now it looks like serious doo doo. I'm seriously about to pull my hair out. I'm trying to learn as I go and it's really frustrating.

Here's my address. I warn you, it's in a shambles at the moment :)

www.moonjuice.us

:)  Welcome to the Family maggieroofus  :)

and your new home!

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help  :)

Thank you :)

I would have responded sooner but didn't realize I was getting responses. I thought when I registered I opted for email responses. Now I'm wondering if I'm not just dreaming. I will have to check if that's even available.

Welcome to the forums, maggieroofus!  :)

Changing lastn="10" to "1" should indeed work, unless there's a problem preventing the Main Index page from being rebuilt so it will reflect the change.

Assuming there were no errors when you did a rebuild, you might want to do a View, Refresh in your browser to make sure you're not looking at an old cached copy of your weblog page.

Thank you. I realized shortly after that I wasn't rebuilding the entire site. Once I did that it took.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I had turned on email notifications, but apparently I hadn't.

Welcomet to TCH and the forums... We are glad to have you!

Thanks. Glad to be here. Especially if anyone here can keep me from pulling all of my hair out over MT :goof:

Welcome to TCH . . . as for MT, well, once you've done a bit of work in it you'll find that it comes more easily. Just a little experience is all it takes. Meanwhile, hang onto the hair!

I visited your site - looks like you're on your way to a very nice photo blog! Good job!

Welcomet to TCH and the forums... We are glad to have you!

Thanks. Glad to be here. Especially if anyone here can keep me from pulling all of my hair out over MT :(

Welcome to TCH . . . as for MT, well, once you've done a bit of work in it you'll find that it comes more easily. Just a little experience is all it takes. Meanwhile, hang onto the hair!

I visited your site - looks like you're on your way to a very nice photo blog! Good job!

Thank you! :goof:

Yeah, it was weird, I was at my wits end the other night and nearly had a meltdown over th whole thing LOL! Then I found somehting on the "Learning MT" website about adding a banner, and afte rthat somethign just "clicked" - it was weird.

I'm very happy with it at the moment, except that I've discovered everything is pushed to the left in Firefox even though I have everything centered in my style sheet. I can't figure out what the problem is.