I am ashamed to admit that I gave the folks here at TCH quite a headache when I first switched from Earthlink to TCH. And, yet, no matter what questions I asked, no matter how many (and there were many), TCH always showed the utmost patience and never once left me feeling ridiculous (although often times I was).

I was beyond nervous and apprehensive about changing web hosts. Before Earthlink, my site was hosted with Homestead. I liked Homestead, a lot, but the cost was more than I could afford. (The package cost me $70/month by the time everything I needed was added.) That is what prompted my switch from Homestead to Earthlink. And, I will not lie, if Earthlink had been able to make the necessary changes so that I could use the osCommerce shopping cart, I would probably still be with Earthlink today.

When I decided I couldn't put off the change any longer, I began asking people who they recommended for hosting. After making a list, visiting each hosting site (19 to be exact), comparing all the packages, I decided to go with TCH. TCH offered the most and was the least expensive choice of everyone I visited.

Now, I am so very happy. :) My site is up and running, better than before. And the switch was relatively painless (well, for me-not necessarily for TCH :P ) and I cannot believe the price I am paying! I mean, really, to have this kind of customer service and all the bells and whistles, everything I was looking for and soooooo much more...I am absolutely TCH's happiest customer!! They made a believer out of me. Thank you, TCH! :thumbup1:

:thumbup1: Welcome to the Family Coleena :)

and your new home!

And thanks for the kind words.

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help :P

• 1 year later...

Okay, I just bought Homestead and can see that it is too expensive for everything i want to do . I am not sure what coleena ended up with. did she find another drag and drop site or did she learn coding? I can't do anything right. I have now purchased Homestead or 3 months and some softwear that is complete waste of money-not at all a web page builder.

I am going broke trying to learn this by myself.

So I have this account with you guys and i need a web site built that i can transfer over to you, right?

Help - do i dump homestead? Buy more software, Frontpage? Please help me not to purchase anything else i don't need.

I am ashamed to admit that I gave the folks here at TCH quite a headache when I first switched from Earthlink to TCH. And, yet, no matter what questions I asked, no matter how many (and there were many), TCH always showed the utmost patience and never once left me feeling ridiculous (although often times I was).

I was beyond nervous and apprehensive about changing web hosts. Before Earthlink, my site was hosted with Homestead. I liked Homestead, a lot, but the cost was more than I could afford. (The package cost me $70/month by the time everything I needed was added.) That is what prompted my switch from Homestead to Earthlink. And, I will not lie, if Earthlink had been able to make the necessary changes so that I could use the osCommerce shopping cart, I would probably still be with Earthlink today.

When I decided I couldn't put off the change any longer, I began asking people who they recommended for hosting. After making a list, visiting each hosting site (19 to be exact), comparing all the packages, I decided to go with TCH. TCH offered the most and was the least expensive choice of everyone I visited.

Now, I am so very happy. :dance: My site is up and running, better than before. And the switch was relatively painless (well, for me-not necessarily for TCH :P ) and I cannot believe the price I am paying! I mean, really, to have this kind of customer service and all the bells and whistles, everything I was looking for and soooooo much more...I am absolutely TCH's happiest customer!! They made a believer out of me. Thank you, TCH! :)

Welcome to the forums utk85 :)

I would not purchase any software such as frontpage - no.

If you want to develop pages on your computer, and then upload them, my personal favourite would be http://www.nvu.com/index.php (it's free) although other people may suggest alternatives.

If you want to have everything on the server, and edit it with WYSIWYG on there, I'd go with either a blog ( http://wordpress.org/ ) or one of the many content management systems that are free ( http://opensourcecms.com/ )

What sort of a site do you want to create ?