Creating Subdomain

If I go to cPanel and select Subdomains, exactly what do I need to enter in that first box, the one next the box showing my primary domain (the one I used when creating my account with Total Choice)? In other words, I need to enter the full name of the site I want to set up as a subdomain, including the tld, right? In other words, if I want to add site2.com to my primary domain, say site1.net, I would enter site2.com in that box? www is omitted, right?

Seems like this is going to cause a rather odd URL for visitors to the subdomain site. Will they see site2.com/site1.net, or site1.net/site2.com, or what?

Edit: Also, are DNS pointers (DNS3.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM and DNS4.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM), set up with the Registrar, the same for domains setup as subdomains as those set up as the main domain?

Edited by dderolph

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but a subdomain is just a directory. If you create a new directory in cPanel's File Manager of FTP then you can access it at tchhostedsite.com/sub.

If you use cPanel to create a subdomain then it will create a directory you can access at sub.tchhostedsite.com. It also gives you the benefit of tracking stats and createing email addresses like you@sub.tchhostedsite.com.

If you are wanting to create a seperate site with its own subdomain you will need to purchase another account or move to a reseller account.

If you want to have 2 domains point to your main page the when can park it for you.