Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Awstats is no longer tracking daily traffic to my site. It states that I have not received any traffic in over 7 days. However, when I look under recent visitors (last 300 IPs) the list shows that I am getting a significant amount of traffic. Something seems to have happened on May 10th which is the last day any information has been recorded.

 

Does anyone know what this problem could be or how I can resolve it?

 

Thanks

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awstats is no longer tracking daily traffic to my site. It states that I have not received any traffic in over 7 days. However, when I look under recent visitors (last 300 IPs) the list shows that I am getting a significant amount of traffic. Something seems to have happened on May 10th which is the last day any information has been recorded.

 

Off and on I have this problem. Usually I submit a help ticket and the stats are updated. However, over the past several days I've emailed back and forth (via a help ticket) to have the problem addressed but it's still not working. Normally I get about 2,000 visitors a day but am showing a total of 400 or so for one *week*. I've lost a week's worth of stats.

 

Is it worth it to buy a separate site traffic reporting program? I have two freebies now, neither of which record all my visitors; they only get about half of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the servers are busy (doing backups) the stats will not run since they are resource intensive. You will have to get the techs to get it started again by submitting a help desk ticket.

 

Your stats will not be lost as they are being logged. Next time the stats program runs it will be current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You will have to get the techs to get it started again by submitting a help desk ticket.

Your stats will not be lost as they are being logged. Next time the stats program runs it will be current.

 

Hi Bruce

I did submit a help ticket. I think there is another problem because I got a message saying the stats were being run and that it'd be updated in a few minutes. I wrote back three or four times in a 36 hour period; each time the techs said they were re-runnng them. Finally, I did see a change on the 30th but it was an incomplete count and the past stats were not updated and actually, they're still registering zeros in the subsequent days (I usually get a partial count for the current day but I also show zero for june 1) following my submitted help ticket. Here are the stats:

 

25 May 2006 1658 4863 8129 192.92 MB (incomplete; I'm getting closer to 2200-2400 per day)

26 May 2006 0 0 0 0

27 May 2006 0 0 0 0

28 May 2006 0 0 0 0

29 May 2006 0 0 0 0

30 May 2006 414 1238 2353 48.87 MB

31 May 2006 0 0 0 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Kathleen, the help desk is the only way to get this resolved. Mods do not have access to the servers or your account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if you reopened the same ticket or a new one, but when the problem is not resolved and the tech says they think it is, make sure you stay with the same ticket so the techs know it's ongoing/reoccurring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...