OnlineAutorama

Confirmation Email After Site Submission Error....

Hi all,... hope all is well.

Well anyway, While submitting my site to search engines i've been receiving emails that which for me to confirm my submission to the search engines but the emails want me to confirm www.totalchoicehosting.com and NOT my site www.onlineautorama.com . ( See Message Below )

Your site has been crawled by Jayde.com

Your site listing is now available on Jayde.com. Below is the information you will need to log-in and edit your listing and profile. It may take another 2-3 hours after you receive this email before your account becomes active, so it might not work just yet.

Manual Log-in Information:

Log-in information:

To manually log-in, use the following information. You can log-in with either your email address or the URL for your site:

URL: www.totalchoicehosting.com

Password: xxxxxx

Login Here: http://www.jayde.com/cgi-bin/member

Submission Information:

Site title: Online Autorama Digest Magazine. Free Forums Including Member Websites and Photo Gallery.

Site Category: automotive_and_vehicles/auto_racing

Email: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com

This is the 3rd email i've received from different submitters saying that i've submitted URL www.totalchoicehosting.com the first 2 i blew off but the 3rd has me questioning why this is happening.

Does anyone know why these Website Submitters would be getting www.totalchoicehosting.com?

Is www.totalchoicehosting.com hard coded into my site somewhere? I mean why or how would they get the info www.totalchoicehosting.com anyway, where would it have come from?

:D

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? it's a pain in the butt to waste 5 minutes inserting detailed infomation about each URL only to have the info come back incorrect anyway...

Thank you for your time.

The one in cPanel? That may be a bug but it would be up to cPanel to address and not a TCH issue.

I would recommend that you do your submissions manually. There are submission softwares out there but IMO they are not worth the trouble of using.

oic what your saying,..

I did the submissions at http://www.submitexpress.com

If someone else wants to try and submit their website to see if they get the same results, It was an email i received from jayde.com to confirm the link i submitted.

I'd be interested in know the results.

Thank you for stopping by to read this and for the quick replies.

Oh by the way,... It'll only let me login using the TCH.com address.

I received the same kind of email as you publish in your original post and it shows my tch-hosted domains url.

Sorry, don´t know what went wrong when you submitted your site. ;)

I received the same kind of email as you publish in your original post and it shows my tch-hosted domains url.

Sorry, don´t know what went wrong when you submitted your site. :(

FYI yeah it hasnt happen since tho so i dont know what happened either.

Just another weird thing in my life heh,.. Maybe it's the Meds I'm on. lol

Thanks tho.

Jim.

Did you know that you don't have to submit to the search engines? You should spend your time finding directories (like DMOZ) that will list your site, then the search engines will find your site by crawling their site. Seems they like it better that way :)

Lise

Very true! The only problem that I've found with that is that in the beginning (when your site is younger than say a year) the site where you post will actually come up higher than your site for your URL keywords. I had to stop posting for awhile on forums :)

Lise

Sorry I was not refering to this forum,

but the family pages links on TotalchoiceHosting.com

Personally I'd avoid Jayde anyway as confirming the email signs you up for three pointless newsletters they send out. I personally cannot see how they end up with the Totalchoice URL. Might be worth trying different submission sites and see if you get the same results. This way you can narrow it down to a problem with Jayde or with the submission site.

I don't think I can ever say this enough :)

While backlinks and listing are important, don't concentrate on them.

Your main concern should always be CONTENT!

Without it no one is going to come back after that first visit.