Trouble Connecting Mysql

kippez

I have been tring to install a script that uses sql. I created the database. The program has a self install setup. so I put in database name user name and pass word but it keeps coming up withe the same error.

"There is an error in some of the information you provided on the previous page. The combination of server address and admin username/password you provided failed to access a valid mysql account. Please correct these values, and try again"

I have created new names and password in the database still does not want to connent does anyone know what i am doing WRONG

The most common error is not having the user added to the database. The drop down boxes below where you add the database names is where this is set. Just select the username in one box and the corresponding database in the other and click on Add User to Db.

If you have done this, give a little more information on what you are trying to install. Perhaps someone else has installed it and can point out the secret.

Yes I have tried this and the system still did the same thing. I put in the new name to see if maybe I was using wrong name or password. The script is weblets it is a trading app. but The admin name and password of the domain is not even connecting to the database. As I am pretty new to sql I think I may be doing something wrong but everything seems to be fine except connecting to the database so the script can install the program.

Just a hint

Your username for your sql database must be parsed as

cpanelusernamer_databaseusername

and the Database name must be parsed as

cpanelusername_databasename

SO if my cpanel username was bill, my database username was headguru and my database name was gurus I would use

Database name - bill_gurus

Database Username - bill_headguru

Are you doing this?

Yes I have been doing that I dont understand? Here is the other warning getting from script

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'kipp_k@66.11.163.212' (Using password: YES) in /home/kippez/public_html/global/install.php on line 70

I use a different program than what you are trying to use, but I got a similar error code at one point. I had one of my passwords wrong. Briefly...

I have a dialog box that takes care of the initial connection to the remote host...in this dialog box, my password and username had to be the same as I had been using for my regular ftp connection. In other words, if my username was "Tracy" and my password was "blue"...that is what went into this area.

Then I had a "connections" dialog box that dealt specifically with MySQL. In this dialog was where I had to put the username and password in like the Head Guru told you.

So, if you have more than one area where your connection settings are defined, you may have one of them set wrong.

:D Good luck...

Tracy

I have tried that also. does not seem to work etheir.

Thw form looks like this.

The first step in setting up the webLETS system is to configure the software to access your mySQL server, and to set-up the structure and core information for the webLETS database.

Some of the set-up actions require administrative priviledges on your mySQL database, while the day to day operations of webLETS require only read/write access. For security purposes you may wish to configure the software with a read/write user and password. If you leave those sections blank, the system will be configured with the full admin information.

Database Location

MySQL server IP address:

webLETS database name:

Admin User Information

Admin User Name:

Admin User Password:

Read/Write User Information (optional)

Read/Write User Name:

Read/Write User Password:

Try changing the mySQL server information to "localhost". I have no idea if that will work but everything I've ever used I've always put localhost if the database is on the same server as the site.

That worked but now getting syntaxs error.

new error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'in(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, AccountID int(11) NOT NULL

Ok got that fixed

I was missing the a letter T in the syntaxs of the script.

'int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, (should have been a t here.

AccountID int(11) NOT NULL

Now the error is:

Query was empty

Anyone know