Core FTP Lite uploading - help...

s010

Hey ya'll. I've been using Core FTP Lite for a while, but recently, when I try to upload certain files, the rate number goes down until it dissapears and the status is 00:00:00. It's like that for a while then it times out. However, I can just reconnect and it starts working fine again (until I try to upload one of the files it doesn't like, ;) ) this only happens with certain files, though. Can anyone help?

From what I can tell, it looks like you set up passive mode on the screen where you set up your FTP connection with username, password, host, etc. (Site Manager?). There should be a checkbox on the screen labelled "PASV Transfers" - checking this box should tell CoreFTP to use Passive mode.

Passive mode has to with how connections are established between your machine and the FTP server. Normally, you'd use passive mode if your machine is behind a firewall or a NAT (LAN network), as they prevent active mode FTP transfers from working.

• 5 years later...

Hi guys, i know this thread is old, but my coreftp is acting up.... I am hosting a server for Counter Strike Source, and im currently trying to put a mod on there, now the files necessary are not many but the main one is a .dll file and that file just refuses to go over. i try to view it and it says there is not a "file associated with this program for proforming this action" I dont know if that has anything to do with the problem, but im also running a AT&T 2wire network and i dont have any antivirus. i really should have no problem doing this, but i cant upload that one file, the one .dll file is the only one giving me issues.

Desktop\New Folder (2)\addons\CreateVDF.exe,

Desktop\New Folder (2)\addons\mani_admin_plugin\bin\mani_admin_plugin_mm.dll,

Desktop\New Folder (2)\addons\mani_admin_plugin.dll, were the only 3 files out of 100 that couldn't be transferred over.

when i changed the file type to .txt's they went over, but when i tried to change them back....

RNFR /69.197.191.32 port 27015/orangebox/cstrike/addons/CreateVDF.txt

350 Requested file action pending further information.

RNTO /69.197.191.32 port 27015/orangebox/cstrike/addons/CreateVDF.exe

500 Access denied. File can't be renamed.

Edited by Spudvik

RNFR /69.197.191.32 port 27015/orangebox/cstrike/addons/CreateVDF.txt

500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

350 Requested file action pending further information.

when i changed the file type to .txt's they went over, but when i tried to change them back....

yeah, i realised the issue, the server doesnt allow .dll's and .exe's onto the server so they told me for security, and they asked me to compress, place it where it needs to go and they will extract for me.

Thanks for all your help guys. and i really appriciate the warm welcome.