Hosting Assured?

dderolph

So, there's no screening or selection process involved in order for you to place that image/link on your site, right? And since the Hosting Assured site does not even provide a list of sites displaying their link, it seems rather meaningless; this clearly indicates any site can place the link to Hosting Assured on their site.

Hi,

I wouldn't use the word "meaningless" ...

It is like being part of a hosting-company version of the "Better Business Bureau". It allows you to compare us against other companies in a way that would not be otherwise possible.

If your issue is with the graphic alone, anyone can place a graphic on thier website, including those from Microsoft and other companies. It is still up to the consumer to be aware if there is any true meaning to having that graphic there.

Do your homework on all companies to be sure this is true. As you will find with TCH, that graphic is very meaningful ... and if you check out our reputation and record with "Hosting Assured" you will see that.

Working with you,

Guest Serpentine

"The Hosting Assured Trust Mark is an ethics process. A host that displays the Hosting Assured Trust Mark has agreed to a code of ethics. If they do not act in accordance with the ethics then they lose the ability to participate in the Hosting Assured program. "

I am not sure that it is meaningless, nor is the 96% rating score given by the reviewers either. Any site listed in Hosting Assured can place it there. Where are you going with this?

"The Hosting Assured Trust Mark is an ethics process. A host that displays the Hosting Assured Trust Mark has agreed to a code of ethics. If they do not act in accordance with the ethics then they lose the ability to participate in the Hosting Assured program. "

I am not sure that it is meaningless, nor is the 96% rating score given by the reviewers either.  Any site listed in Hosting Assured can place it there.  Where are you going with this?

I am trying to understand how websites earn the privilege of displaying the Hosting Assured Trust Mark and how anyone can obtain info from Hosting Assured about the sites displaying the Hosting Assured Trust Mark. This is a general question; I have no agenda here concerning TotalChoice Hosting. I haven't seen the Hosting Assured Trust Mark before - or if I did, I did not explore it - and I'm trying to understand the process and how significant it is.

Someone mentioned BBB as an analogy. But, if I call the BBB, I can inquire about a specific company and obtain info from them if they have any info on file regarding that company. I don't see any way of inquiring about specific hosting services from Hosting Assured. Also, at Rating A Hosting Assured Host, they say

You can rate a Hosting Assured web hosting company by clicking on the Hosting Assured trust mark on their website. This opens a unique Hosting Assured website specific to that hosting company. Your rating will be available for others to read.
But, the link to Hosting Assured from TotalChoice Hosting merely goes to Hosting Assured's home page.

So, there's no screening or selection process involved in order for you to place that image/link on your site, right?  And since the Hosting Assured site does not even provide a list of sites displaying their link, it seems rather meaningless; this clearly indicates any site can place the link to Hosting Assured on their site.

There is. You have to be rated in their system and agree to their code of ethics (as serpentine pointed out). The image is provided to show that we are listed in their system, and when you click on that image, it gives you the rating, and the status. By clicking on the image, you can see that TotalChoice Hosting has a 96% rating based on 920 user reviews, and is listed in good standing which means there are no complaints in mediation. You can find more detail about what this all means on Hosting Assured's About Hosting Assured page.

Any site may be able to put the image on their website that is listed in Hosting Assured, but not just any site maintains a 96% rating with 920 reviews.

But, the link to Hosting Assured from TotalChoice Hosting merely goes to Hosting Assured's home page.

It's supposed to show the TotalChoice rating, but works off referral page. If your browser isn't sending referrer information, that would be one reason you only get the home page.

It's supposed to show the TotalChoice rating, but works off referral page. If your browser isn't sending referrer information, that would be one reason you only get the home page.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0; I know of no reason it would not be sending "referrer information". Can you elaborate on that?

We don't control how the Hosting Assured link works or how their site works. Sorry about that.

I can say we have been a member of Findmyhosting.com for nearly 3 years now. During this 3 years we have had well under 10 mediation complaints. Considering the number of clients hosted here at TCH that is a really excellent number.

You can review actual customer comments using this link.

http://www.hostingassured.findmyhosting.co...ils.htm?id=5330

Thanks. I see it now. During a previous visit, I tried searching on TotalChoice Hosting and got no responses. After seeing your link, I tried the search again using only TotalChoice and got the info on their site.

Edit: Correction: it was the link posted by Head Guru, http://www.hostingassured.findmyhosting.co...ils.htm?id=5330, that displays the info.

Edited by dderolph