Map Multiple Xml Elements In Excel?

AStarWithin

Hi, I've posted in like 15 XML and Excel forums and I can't find an answer to this. I'm trying to map a single XML element to multiple columns in Excel (2003 Pro) and I'm having a bit of trouble. For example, my schema looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<element name="Root">

<complexType>

<sequence>

<element name="Distribution" maxOccurs="unbounded">

<complexType>

<sequence>

<element name="town" type="positiveInteger" />

<element name="species" type="positiveInteger" />

</sequence>

</complexType>

</element>

</sequence>

</complexType>

</element>

</schema>

and I want to map species to a bunch of columns... however, I get the message: This element is aleady mapped, an element cannot be mapped more than once.

Microsoft says you have to change the ancestor element, "Multiple repeating elements are mapped to the same XML list, and the repetition not defined by an ancestor element"... but I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help? This is for my senior project and I'm getting desperate...

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I don't think I've made myself clear... I've mapped my XML schema to XML Source... and I'm trying to map a child element to multiple cells.... in the Microsoft troubleshooting section, they say "Multiple repeating elements are mapped to the same XML list, and the repetition not defined by an ancestor element" - but I don't know how to fix that. Please... anyone?