Browser Security Test

TCH-Thomas

In Sweden the government started a "Surf safe" campaign today and one of the things in this campaign was a link to a browser security test.

Give it a try and see how safe your browser is. Can someone hack into your computer via your browser? How vulnerable are you? Can websites install spyware through your browser?

Such things will be answered. There are two tests. I have only run the long test which took some time. :huh:

http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/index.php

Thanks Thomas... but I wonder if it's a good test.  It says 0/0/0 with IE :thumbup1:

I got a little suspicious on that too when I tested I.E. But I´m thinking that if the government and several known security companies that are in this campaign recommends it, it must be good.

I got a little suspicious on that too when I tested I.E. But I´m thinking that if the government and several known security companies that are in this campaign recommends it, it must be good.

Don't count on that, Thomas. Here in Portugal, government people are amongst the most ignorant of all, especially when it comes to computer related stuff... :lol:

EDIT: It's testing for the "Mozilla Windows shell: protocol handler vulnerability (moz250180)" in a browser they detected was running on Linux (I ran the 'short' test)... are you sure they know what they're doing? :lol: :thumbup1: