Creating Mysql Users Throught The Cpanel

Im who he is making it for.

There are no errors on my site and its reading from the database, however when I try and use his phpMyAdmin it won't let me in!

http://corephp.elvenjess.com/index.php

You can't do this! This is in violation of TOS and AUP. elvenjess.com is at risk of being shut down. I strongly suggest that you re-read the Terms of Service and quickly dismantle the subdomain corephp.

I have to agree with lstover on this one, and I'd take that subdomain down AS soon as possible unless you want to upgrade to a reseller account. If that's the case you need to put in a help desk ticket as soon as you read this. I'd consider this a fair warning. Have a nice day!

Web Sites

TotalChoice Hosting provides storage space and access for web sites through its Web services. TotalChoice Hosting will not routinely monitor the contents of your web sites. You may only host one domain per virtual account, resellers are allowed to host unlimited domains.

No you can't.. This above was taken from the AUP and pretty much spells it out for you, if you want to do this, you must be a reseller. End of story.

No you can't.. This above was taken from the AUP and pretty much spells it out for you, if you want to do this, you must be a reseller.  End of story.

Alright. Sorry for all the trouble. :)

EDIT: I am allowed to use subdomains for various part of my website right? Forum, links etc. ;)

Edited by elvenjess

I am allowed to use subdomains for various part of my website right? Forum, links etc. 

Yes, indeed. Subdomains can be a good way to jump directly into a particular section of your site. For example, you can enter our forums by either http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/ or http://forums.totalchoicehosting.com.

One of the many selling points of TCH is the reasonable price of the service. $4 a month is a small price to pay for all the features. And domain names have never been cheaper. I just did a quick check and see that CorePHP.com is available. You could register the domain, purchase a hosting plan, and be up and running in a matter of days if not hours. I registered a site for my son, mikevz.com yesterday morning and last night I had a skeleton account up and running. And such an account would include full access to all the features we offer. (I don't work on commission so no flames please. ;) )

By the way, love your logo!

I'm not sure I understand all of this.

Say I have a domain (like matman.com) that is hosted here at TCH. Suppose main area of the website at www. matman.com is just a personal website, pictures of the kids, a blog, etc.

If I am working with some people on an open-source project or some such thing, are you saying I would not be allowed to have a project.matman.com subdomain with info about the project, etc.? Or is it just that I couldn't give someone else access to keep that site updated? Or what exactly is the line being drawn here?

I guess I thought that as long as there was only one DOMAIN I was OK (i.e. there was not a project.com site that redirects to project.matman.com). I guess I figured that the space and bandwidth limits should pretty much prevent one account from hogging a server.

Just trying to get clear on what I/we can and can't do. ;)

Ok, folks. This has nothing to do with more than one person working on a site. It has to do with having more than one site on an account and the relationship of subdomains to the domain.

Example: I have stoverdatasystems.com. I have subdirectories and subdomains that are of some apps that I have installed/investigated through the course of my business as demos for clients, etc. This is acceptable even if my business parter were the one that installed the apps.

Example2: I have stoverdatasystems.com and create a subdomain for my Mom's flower shop. Completely unrelated and in clear violation of TOS/AUP even if I am the one building the site.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I'm worried that I might be in violation of AUP (without realising it or any intention of doing so), hence I'll be up front, honest and ask the question.

First off all can I point out a failed link to the AUP on the TCH Help Website I tried to look up the AUP and FAQ there, but failed :) .

You can get to the AUP from the main TCH website.

Ok, my website is all about creativity and innovation - www.mycoted.com but I also have a subdomain about my own personal genealogy genealogy.mycoted.com There are links from one to the other, they are both my personal sites, so I see an argument that they are both about me, but I can also see an argument for them being seperate.

If TCH thinks these are against the AUP which states

TotalChoice Hosting provides storage space and access for web sites through its Web services. TotalChoice Hosting will not routinely monitor the contents of your web sites. You may only host one domain per virtual account, resellers are allowed to host unlimited domains.
then please let me know and I will remove the subdomain within 48 hours (if that seems acceptable) or I'll pay for the extra site if that is an acceptable alternative

Many appologies if I have broken the rules, it was purely through a misunderstanding - and if that is the case can I suggest a clearer statement within the AUP because I'm sure I'm not the only one that would make such a mistake.

Andy