dsdemmin

E-mail Maintenance

A couple of questions:

1) How can one safely remove neomail? Can I simply delete the directory?

2) I am looking at my disk space and see that my mail directory is 223,530k. When I look at ‘disk space used’ under my e-mail accounts it shows 0.00 meg. I don't understand? :(

Thanks for any insight.

Hi Scott,

1) Only if you never intend to use neo mail again

2) You will need to open a support ticket with the help desk for that one.

Remember that 223 530 k = 27.286377 megabytes, so Neomail isn't taking ALL THAT much room on your server. If it were me, I'd only remove it if I were really sure I, or somebody using email on my domain, really never wanted to use it again.

Remember that 223 530 k = 27.286377 megabytes, so Neomail isn't taking ALL THAT much room on your server. If it were me, I'd only remove it if I were really sure I, or somebody using email on my domain, really never wanted to use it again.

The math is a little off here - 223 530 k = 218.29 megabytes (1 MB = 1024KB, not 8192 KB). Each user has their own preferences, but I'd be concerned about e-mail taking up over 200MB of disk space on the server.

Oops. Sorry 'bout that.

Here is where I made my math mistake. I assumed "k" meant kilobits, not kilybytes, so when I did the conversion in the google search box, I entered

223530 kb in MB; That is 27.28 MB; However, if "k" meant kilobytes, then the proper google conversion search string would be:

223530 KB in MB; That comes in at 218.29, as David pointed out; and yes, I think 200 MB is a lot too, if you don't REALLY like it!!