Disk Space

queenpictoria

Hello,

This is my first web host.

I uploaded my C:/ Drive to my domain this weekend for backup.

It is about 3.5 Gigs

I was working on a webpage and uploading some pictures today

and my ftp upload said, "Disk Quota Exceeded".

I went into my C:/ Drive on the domain and deleted some minor files, and

now my upload works fine.

How do I know when I am reaching my limit?

And how do I increase the limit?

Thanks,

:flex:

I uploaded my C:/ Drive to my domain this weekend for backup.

It is about 3.5 Gigs

You may want to rethink this...this is not a good way to "backup" your computer. Saving the data only files maybe what you want to do. But copying all files from your hard drive to the TCH server will not be a good (or possible) "full backup" used to restore your computer if the hard drive is lost.

This is best done with a backup type program like Nortons Ghost and the "image" file could then be stored instead.

• 3 weeks later...

You may find it sufficient to back up your data directories to an archive and post them to your site as a remote backup (although given that hosting accounts cean never be 100% hacker-proof, I would encrypt the archive before posting to ensure that even if your data is copied, only you can open it). Additionally, you can save all your downloaded application installers to a CD, and use it for quick reinstall if you ever have to reformat. This way, your most important info is backed up remotely without taking up too much space on your account.