So, I Was Teaching My Wife How To Make A Page,

wampthing

I was showing my wife how to make a page, but it is coming out completely different in IE than it is in Firefox (..I know, I know... Big suprise). I dont understand what the problem is. The link is here.

When ever I put in the graphic in the top cell, the bottom left cell takes up a lot of the page when it is only supposed to take a little. Ive looked at it on two different computers, but cant figure it out. Its not too different than what I had done before, but... help.

I was showing my wife how to make a page, but it is coming out completely different in IE than it is in Firefox (..I know, I know... Big suprise).  I dont understand what the problem is.  The link is here.

When ever I put in the graphic in the top cell, the bottom left cell takes up a lot of the page when it is only supposed to take a little.  Ive looked at it on two different computers, but cant figure it out.  Its not too different than what I had done before, but... help.

The first row in your table consists of a single cell that contains a table set at 100% width. The second row of your table contains two cells, the first with your nav sidebar. This cell will automatically expand to match the first cell in the first row of your table. So that will make your sidebar cell 100% width. The next cell will start where it ends.

You can solve this by splitting the two rows into two seperate tables.

Here is a good refresher on tables:

http://www.verchi.com/tech/html/tables.htm

Lee

in line 16 get rid off the colspan="2" parameter.

in line 32 change

><td>

to

><td width="enter any convenient value in pixel here">

in line 39 cut

><td class="body"> </td>

and paste it after Line 36

><p><a href="#">Link5</a></p></td>

And you should have everything back in order.

To make it better, after finishing all the modifs above, in line 37 you could replace   by another table with a a width of 100%. This table will then be used as your basis structure to handle the body of your page without interfering with your top table (structure table).

(I believe this should be working in all major browsers but didn't test it)

Hope this help!! :unsure:

Edited by Montty