Phpbb 2.0.14 Released

Whilst there are no known major exploits with version 2.0.13, there are a couple of minor issues which have been fixed in version 2.0.14. Hence we Thomas has informed folk here so that they can upgrade.

This upgrade also protects the server load better on intensive searches - hence another very good reason to upgrade :blush:

Thanks for letting us know of the upgrade Thomas :unsure:

Hello,

I made upgrade of the 2.0.11 for 2.0.14 in PHPnuke but, it sees this error:

Warning: main(./../includes/constants.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwmydomain/public_html/dp/modules/Forums/common.php on line 192

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/constants.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwmydomain/public_html/dp/modules/Forums/common.php on line 192

The file common.php it is in Forums

Some idea for me ?

Thank´s

Edited by paulo

Hi paulo,

I have run across this also. Look in the file 'update_to_latest.php', or what ever it is. At about line 45 you will find this

>$phpbb_root_path = './../';

replace it so it looks like this

>$phpbb_root_path = '';

(That is 2 single apostrophe’s, not one quote symbol)

Then call for this page in your browser again to run it, then delete or re-name it so it cannot be ran again.

HTH, Tom

I should quantify my statement by saying that this what I had to do, when running it from within the main phpbb directory. I never did place it in the install directory.

This is what I did, and it worked :)

Wow forget 2.0.14, I ust installed the latest snapshot of phpBB Olympus :flex: talk about a major overhaul. A heck of a lot more powerful. Can require password complexity, force users to change password every x days, lock out a user after x failed logins and pretty much control everything from Admin.

Wow forget 2.0.14, I ust installed the latest snapshot of phpBB Olympus
Hmmm, sounds interesting........
I wasn't laughing at you

No harm, though I wasn't sure where you were coming from :huh:

I did want to make clear to paulo or anyone else, that what I pointed out would only work if installed in the top level phpbb directory, if modifying the path as I did :)

Wow forget 2.0.14, I ust installed the latest snapshot of phpBB Olympus :o talk about a major overhaul. A heck of a lot more powerful. Can require password complexity, force users to change password every x days, lock out a user after x failed logins and pretty much control everything from Admin.

And I hope you realize that using a pre-release version will NOT be supported by the phpBB Group and when 3.0 is finally released there will be no upgrade script you will be on your own. You will not get any support. The purpose of those snapshots is to test and see the progress of the next major versions and should not be used on a live forum.

>die('This software is unsupported in any and all respects. By removing this notice (found in common.php) you are noting your acceptance of this. Do not ask support questions of any kind for this release at either area51.phpbb.com or www.phpbb.com. Support for this version will appear when the beta cycle begins');

Time to cool down now guys. ;)

Remember our forum guideline:

We take the "Family" atmosphere of our forums VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive a warning and if the member offends again the member will be banned until such time as determined by a moderator or admin.