Can't Connect To Mysqldatabase

Hello again guys. I have successfully installed Textpattern and after some troubleshooting, finally got its setup page to appear in my browser. I don't know if anyone out there has ever used textpattern, but the first thing it does is prompt you to enter information about your my SQL database. I set one up through cpanel, and I entered the following information into Textpattern prompt windows. I typed everything in as folllows:

MySQL login: (my databaseusername) MySQL password: (user password)

MySQL server: (local host) MySQL database: (database name)

Table prefix: (-blank-)

Full path to server's web root:/usr/local/apache/htdocs

Full path to Textpattern: /home/databasename/public_html/textpattern/hoos

(these were the default options.)

Everytime I try to connect, I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'hooslog_flakcatcher@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/hooslog/public_html/textpattern/hoos/setup.php on line 107

Can't connect to the database with the values entered.

One thing that may be problematic is that my domain name hasn't propagated yet, and I am currently using the URL http://69.50.221.209/~hooslog/ until my actual domain name, "hoosierlogic.com" propagates. I don't know why this might pose a problem, but I can't think of anything else.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong here?

Again, I much appreciate your help and patience with what are likely very simple problems.

-matt

Hi and welcome to the forum Matt. :lol:

I was first gonna suggest that you write the database things like cpanelusername_flakcatcher and cpanelusername_databasename, but it sounds like you did that. If not please try it. :lol:

Also, your hoosierlogic.com works fine from Sweden so its probably fully propagated very soon. :)

Welcome to the forum Matt  :P

Did you get it working?

I solved that problem, but have encountered another one upon installing Textpattern, and haven't been too successful getting help from the folks at their forum, so I thought I'd try here.

After one successfully installs textpattern, he is asked to paste some simple php script from a window into his php.config.default file. After having some trouble with that, I found out that I had to rename the file either A) config.php, or :clapping: php.config.

It seems like option A would make more sense (at least to this novice) but neither one yields the correct results.

Because after I do this and then attempt to access the main Textpattern interface which takes me to the following URL:

http://hoosierlogic.com/tp/textpattern/index.php,

I see this message:

Warning: main(./config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hooslog/public_html/tp/textpattern/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(./config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hooslog/public_html/tp/textpattern/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hooslog/public_html/tp/textpattern/index.php on line 16

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here??? I'm going crazy with this.

Thanks again for all your help.

-Matt

I solved my problem -- after several tries. Strangely enough, it only worked after I edited my config.php file using cPanel's file manager page. I had been using Dreamweaver before. Wonder why that caused problems...?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be around again soon with more asinine questions.

best regards,

Matt