Traffic Blazer Woes

chippy

Hi All, I bought Traffic Blazer via TCH when I first purchased hosting (which is excellent). Unfortunately Traffic Blazer does not seem to work very well and I wonder if you should continue promoting it. When I run a report on my site (www.geoffrey-walker.com) it reports that there are no internal links and also says that robots.txt does not exist, both of which are untrue. So I decided to log a query with technical support, clicked on the technical support link and all I got was a blank page. Seems like I have wasted my money on this product.

regards, John Carpenter

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like nobody wants to answer this one. Got a PM saying that it had been passed onto a member of TCH staff to answer about a week ago. My gripe is that I purchased the product through TCH and it sucks and provides no technical support so why is TCH selling it on their domain name registration page. TCH have a great product but are spoiling the experience by selling dodgy third party addons.

John

Guest Serpentine

Couple of things;

All products purchased through the domain interface are handled through this number (480) 624-2500 including Traffic Blazer. Those products have their own support group. Second, I have used Traffic Blazer before. It worked as well as could be expected considering what it was and there was "some" useful information in it. I would try the number and see if they can be of assistance before giving up on it.

As for getting an answer in the forums about this one, the mods that are here to answer questions are not able to provide support for everything. They volunteer their time and try as much as they can to help but they nor these forums are for official technical support.

One final thing. You did research the product before purchasing it right?

Serpentine to answer your points

A US support number is not much use to me in the UK. I expect to be able to click on the Technical Support button and get an option to email them not a totally blank page.

I was told by one of the mods that he had handed the query to a full-time member of TCH and expected to receive some reply.

No, I did not research it, I thought that since TCH were selling it they considered it to be a good product and accepted their implied recommendation.

Hi chippy,

You say

I was told by one of the mods that he had handed the query to a full-time member of TCH and expected to receive some reply.

I have made a search through your previous posts and find no post where you have talked to a mod about it.

May I ask if it was through a pm or here in the forum?

Just wondering so we can figure out what happened and whatnot. :)

Guest Serpentine

John,

I wasn't trying to come down on you. One needs to look at it like the other things you can do with your hosting account. Want a guestbook? Go ahead and install it from your cPanel. Because it is not specificaly related to your account but a third party application TCH cannot offer specific support for it. Same goes for most of the things in cPanel and TrafficBlazer as well.

Those things are there to give the end user some options.

That said, if you were told it would be looked into then I would wait and see what they find out. If I could help out I would but I have never seen that issue with it before. I would even call the number as it is local to me but I cannot because it is your account.