Cuteftp Unable To See Files

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate GlobalScape server with CuteFTP client by connecting TLS/SSL mode. I am able to connect & upload files without any problem. but I am unable to see the list of uploaded files in CuteFTP. FYI, I can see all the uploaded files in the FTP folder using windows explorer.

Can anybody assist me what change I have to make in order to see all the uploaded files in CuteFTP.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Sagar

FYI, I have Server & Clients setup on same machine and communication is done with TSL/SSL mode using 990 port. I am uploading files to the server using a userid (which is created on Secure Server with full rights). I am uploading files to FTP root folder as I want all the uploaded files by different users at same location. I could upload files using different userids which are created on Server. But nothing is listed in CuteFTP after uploading eventhough I can see files in physical folder.

Thanks & regards,

Jyoshi

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I just ran into a similar problem. I have both "Allow anonymous access" and "Allow anonymous upload" checked in cPanel Anonymous FTP Controls. The anonymous user is able to upload files to (and only to this folder) /public_ftp/incoming, however it cannot "see" the contents within /public_ftp/incoming, and well... you can't download what you can't see. Thus, I had to switch to my main account to move the files one level up to allow anonymous downloads.

This may or may not be a feature... but to me it doesn't quite make sense. If I were to allow anonymous upload access to a certain folder, why should anonymous download access from that folder be denied? Personally, I would like to create special FTP accounts (with passwords) that are NOT associated with sub domains, but I don't think that's possible within the FTP Account Maintenance?

From what I understand, anonymous FTP access is supposed to be disabled on TCH's FTP servers, regardless of the settings in CPanel. Even if it is enabled, anonymous FTP access is not a feature I'd recommend that anyone use on their account.

Personally, I would like to create special FTP accounts (with passwords) that are NOT associated with sub domains, but I don't think that's possible within the FTP Account Maintenance?

According to CPanel's documentation, it is possible. The directory you specify does not have to be associated with a subdomain. It can be if you want it to be, but it's not required. CPanel will just create the directory you specify if it does not exist and limit the new FTP account to that subdirectory.

According to CPanel's documentation, it is possible.  The directory you specify does not have to be associated with a subdomain.  It can be if you want it to be, but it's not required.  CPanel will just create the directory you specify if it does not exist and limit the new FTP account to that subdirectory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's restriced to a subfolder under /home/user/public_html/, whereas I would prefer to create a specific FTP account that only has access to /home/user/public_ftp/. Doesn't that make more sense? :unsure: