Movable Type & Ms Ie 6.x

chroniker

I don't know how long this has been a problem, for I don't use IE.

Recently I made some changes to my site and IE does not like them. All I did (I hope) is resize the entire container, center content and right column area and change the color scheme but now IE is treating some of my links as text instead of as a link.

Does anyone have an idea as to way and know how to fix the problem?

I don't know how long this has been a problem, for I don't use IE.

Recently I made some changes to my site and IE does not like them. All I did (I hope) is resize the entire container, center content and right column area and change the color scheme but now IE is treating some of my links as text instead of as a link.

Does anyone have an idea as to way and know how to fix the problem?

Also, in the banner area the coloring does not show up in IE.

in your css file the very first thing is

>{
margin: 0px 0px 20px 0px;
 background-color: #D9C2AD;

text-align: center;

}

Should that be:

>body {

}

you might want to enlose your blogroll in a <div class="link-note"> or us MT-Blogroll written by http://www.movalog.com/ <-- much better than blogrolling.

on further thought I think the problem maybe due to bad markup. if you go to w3c.org and run a validation check on your site 100+ errors.

Looking at your style sheet, I notice that it begins oddly:

{

}

You need to define what this applies to--I would guess the body element:

body {

etc...

}

Later in the style sheet your banner has an empty background element:

#banner {

background:;

}

Also your have a blank ID element in there:

#banner-img {

}

And I think with font names you're supposed to enclose them in quotation marks if the font name is more than a single word. So all your Times New Roman declarations should be "Times New Roman" and Comic Sans should be "Comic Sans MS". I could be wrong on that, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

That might be enough to cause IE to do weird things. Add an identifier to the first bit of code, fix the background on the #banner, add something to or delete the #banner-img, and fix the font tags. See if that fixes the IE problems. I don't know what's causing the links to have problems, but it may have to do with that first bit of code, since the links come right after it.

One thing you may want to think about--with your container div set at 990px, it's well over the limit for many people's monitors. People with 800x600 resolution are going to be missing about 1/5 of your screen, or will have to scroll horizontally for it. I have 1000-whatever it is resolution, and I still can't get all your page to show up without horizontal scrolls because I have my toolbar running vertically on the left of my screen instead of across the bottom.