Forums?

TCH-Tim

How is your virus protection? Are there any other symptoms?

I'm pretty well protected. McAfee Security Center has been up, and I know updates were downloaded last night. Firewall is fine, I ran Spybot and Adaware 2 days ago.

As I mentioned above Its not here and has to be something on the forums server. I used my New laptop and it got the Quiznos ad from MSN and my wife's PC also got it. And I have not used hers to come to the forums before.

The home page worked, sortof, but I did stall with the whole page not loading. There was a problem with the top banner not loading.

I had to leave the house and pick up my son from Lacrosse practice and now that I am back its working.

This sounds like the new worm that went loose on the internet.

How is your virus protection?  Are there any other symptoms?

Which new worm?

I use Norton Corporate and it's updated every few days. Updated today and did a full scan with nothing found.

The forum was the only place I saw the problem. I was able to navigate to other sites with no issues.

I also have been on and off the forums all day. It was only for a short time frame this afternoon. If more than one person saw it (count is 3 at this point) then something was amiss and it was not on our end. Somehow there was a temporary redirect when accessing these boards.

Its *Quiznos Subs!* as most know so that was my original guess.

Yah, I've been on and off as well. Worked this morning. Works now. This was around 1:30 PST. I would think if the problem was on my end, I still wouldn't be able to get here.

April Fool's was my guess, but if you didn't deny access to your forums, I figured you'd be concerned that somebody else did.

Has anyone checked snopes (the website) on this?

If it was a worm then I would still be getting the ad and not having this conversation :)

The link I use to get here is http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/index.php and each time I used it for about a 30 minute timeframe I ended up with the little Quizno's ad and the URL for the picture link was on MSN somewhere.

Now I have used that same link several times now and its working perfectly. I would suspect a DNS issue somewhere or some routing issue on a local router. I am on the East Coast, between Washington and Baltimore. If the other 2 people are in my area then that would help explain why we got it and Bruce did not.

I *Quiznos Subs!* got the same thing earlier, when i email support, i got the 3 following email replies.

forums down?

Your ticket has been submitted to our Technical Support department, one of the TotalChoice staff members will review it and reply accordingly.

Listed below are details of this ticket, you may need to use the ticket key listed below to update the status of this ticket from web.

forums down?

A TotalChoice Staff Member has replied to your Help Desk Ticket with the following:

Hello Philip

Did you place an order with the Shop ?

We have all sorts of specials going on today,

would you like a menu ?

Thank you for choosing TotalChoice Hosting.

Regards,

Robert Mulhern, Help Desk Manager

TotalChoice Hosting, L.L.C

forums down?

A TotalChoice Staff Member has replied to your Help Desk Ticket with the following:

Did you know we have a pepper bar?

Warmest Regards,

Bill Kish

General Manager

TotalChoice Hosting, L.L.C

I see "somebody" is going through editing the forums, inserting this "*Quiznos Subs!*" thing. Hmmmm....

They changed April Fools to *Quiznos Subs!* and yesterday they changed the Topic from Hacked to Forums. Guess they didn't want others to get the impression this forum was hacked when it actually wasn't.

So when are we getting our subs? Can you deliver mine to me while I am in Florida? ;-)