Final Questions Before Signing Up

DoubleM

I've been researching different webhosts for the past week, and I like what you have to offer.

Just a couple of final questions before I sign up, though.

1) Is there a size limit on each MySQL database? It says NO LIMIT on the pricing pages, but I assume this means no limit to the number of databases I can create. I wish to know if I am going to be restricted to say 10MB on each of them.

2) FTP accounts vs sub domains. I wish to provide my 20 or so regular users to my website the ability to share files and pictures. (nothing that would break the Terms of Use agreement :D ) I would like each user to have their own private spot to upload stuff to and then share it. I would like to do this with as simple of a website name as possible. From what I've been reading and since there are unlimited subdomains and unlimited FTP accounts, I believe I could set this up in one of 2 ways.:

Additional FTP accounts from the main account, pointing to:

www.****/members/member1

www.****/members/member2

etc.

OR set up a subdomain for each member:

member1.****

member2.****

Is there any advantage of doing one over the other? Also, if there is no index.html or default.html file, can users browse that whole directory from Internet Explorer?

3) I'm still a little disappointed that you don't provide an Addon Domain feature. I am not a reseller and don't need the power of that type of account. Instead I have 1 main account that would use most of the space and bandwidth, while I have 2 other personal websites that use very little resources. However, your prices are cheap enough that purchasing 3 different accounts that meet the requirements for the 3 sites still comes out cheaper than what I'm currently paying for now.

My question is, if at sometime in the future I do wish to upgrade to a reseller account - how difficult is it to merge 3 domains into the reseller account? My guess is it would be just like moving from any other host - since I read that your reseller accounts are held on different servers from your shared hosting accounts.

Thanks.

I can help you with some of your questions.

2.b. Also, if there is no index.html or default.html file, can users browse that whole directory from Internet Explorer?
Yes . . . But if you don't want to allow that, you can use an .htaccess feature to prevent it.
3. My question is, if at sometime in the future I do wish to upgrade to a reseller account - how difficult is it to merge 3 domains into the reseller account?

Not hard at all -- we take care of merging the accounts.

:D Sandy

1. Size limit on MySQL - No, there is no specific limit of any one db. The limiting factor is your combined usage of diskspace and your package allowance.

2. FTP accounts v. Subdomains - The URL is a matter of choice. But, you can create a Subdomain with the exact same name as an FTP User to accomplish what you're looking for. The resulting path is /public_html/member1 and the url is member1.******

2b. Yeah, what Sandy said. :D By default, directory browsing is enabled if no index or default.html page is in the directory. You can disable the browsing feature through cPanel easily for any/all directories.

Sandy got #3 for ya. :D