Sign in to follow this  
Rickasaurus

Hosting Without Email

Hi All,

I have a client who already has a domain name and has a provider who is managing his email services on that domain (eg john@clientdomain.net.au), however he does not yet have a website.

I am developing a site for him, and would like to host this on TCH. Can I do this without affecting his existing email arrangements? That is, his website would be hosted on TCH, and email somewhere else, both using the same domain name.

thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

If you set the DNS here, and edit the MX records, you can send the emails to a separate server.

If you ask at the support desk once the account is set up - we'll help sort it with you.

Hi Rick,

If you set the DNS here, and edit the MX records, you can send the emails to a separate server.

If you ask at the support desk once the account is set up - we'll help sort it with you.

Thanks Andy. your very fast response is much appreciated.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks Andy. your very fast response is much appreciated.

Rick

Andy, I would appreciate if you could explain more about MX records, and how it results in the emails going to a separate server.

thanks

Rick