Payment Gateways

I currently use Eselect Plus (Moneris) payment gateway. I have been searching the web for reviews on this service as I have been having some issues lately. Needless to say I cannot find anything. I was wondering if anyone here would like to comment on the service you use. I am particularly interested in reliability and frequency of failed transactions.

Wayne

If you can find a way to get on with Authorize.net, they've been pretty good to my employer.

I'll second that. I had authorize.net as my online processor with the merchant account at my regular bank. Worked fine, got most transactions posted the next day.

I did have to rewrite my store script to use it, but hey, it was something to do.. :)

Thanks for your replies.

Swiss do use the hosted pay page solution or one of the API's

Using the hosted pay page solution about 5% of my transactions fail. They have told me that possible I am sending to many rvars (variables).

How are you using them?

I have anywhere from 10 - 50 transactions per day.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I use the php api. I send a handful of variables to moneris -- transaction type, unique order ID, amount, credit card number, and expiry date. I store the rest of the order details myself.

I'm only processing around 5-10 orders per day though.

-Trevor

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate with Authorize.net, but being a novice to scripting, I find their help stuff on their website just PUZZLING! Can anyone who has used Authorize.net offer any other websites which might have more step-by-step directions, as I assume that this type of simple integration is a fairly routine process once you figure out what is going on?

I built the site from scratch, and have made a form for it (which matches the rest of the site, of course). I don't want to use authnets Payment Forms, but would like to use the one I made. I am just having trouble wth the integration.

I built the site from scratch, and have made a form for it (which matches the rest of the site, of course).  I don't want to use authnets Payment Forms, but would like to use the one I made. I am just having trouble wth the integration.

I dunno, I found their SIM method to be fairly easy to implement. It does help to print out the PDF on it so that you can easily reference. Just remember that you have to use their field value names.

If your customners will be entering their CC info on your site and payment form, then you need to use the AIM method (and enable SSL), which is a bit more complex to implement and is why I went with the SIM method.

You can see the forms I created for the SIM method here:

http://www.thehomeforums.com/cgi-bin/mystore.cgi

• 3 months later...

Do any of these payment gateways have the ability to handle the

shopping cart and/or SSL checkout process along with the taking

care of the funds? I can code up the necessary pages to display

my items, but it would be cool if I could handoff the cart and the

checkout processing to someone else. Exactly how Paypal works,

but without having to require the customer to sign-up with Paypal,

and preferrably something cheaper than their 2.9% per sale.

I know there are dozens of shopping cart packages out there, but

I am trying to steer away from dealing with the SSL hosting, etc,

and just outsource the cart and checkout to a payment gateway.

Edited by thehemi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Authorize.net is a good one, but working with US residents only.

CDG commerce seem to be a good one also.

Anyway I prefer third parties.

You are right.

If you are looking for merchant account, Authorize.net is not a merchant account provider. They provide a gateway and similar services but no merchant accounts. I think 2checkout is good option for US residents and worldpay or chronopay for EU countries.