Quick Questions - Hotlinking Images & Mp3's

RuNT

Just wondering, I think this is called hotlinking... if I have images hosted, can I have them show up from another site, such as forums, etc, without having to send people directly to my site/hosting? Or are there special ways so that only certain sites may be allowed to hotlink? Just curious as to the way that works or if you guys have any blocks on that or something.

Oh and one more thing, just to be sure... you guys do host all types of media files right? Especially mp3's, and yes they are legal, it's my music that I've made. :)

Hi and Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, it would be possible to link to your images from your site to a forum etc. Unless you enable hotlink protection yourself in cpanel. ;)

You can host all types of media I believe (someone will correct me if Im wrong) as long you have the copyright, but I know there are some restrictions on streaming them. I dont know enough about these restrictions so I will have to let someone else answer that. :)

Also remember that streaming the media eats bandwidth pretty fast. ;)

Welcome to the Family and forums Runt, I am sure you will find the Family more then willing to assist with any questions you may have. Should you require Tech Support help - Server related questions please open a Help Desk Ticket located at the top of this page

Again , Welcome aboard....

;)

Wow thanks for the fast reply... I think that's about all that's left that I needed to know! Time to sign up! ;)

You will always get a fast reply here... anytime of the day or night. That is why, after months of kicking around here, I chose to host my new site with totalchoice.

I believe that if you do so you will be making a wise decision.