Cannot Access Cpanel

ISP: Airimba wireless (broadband)

system: laptop, Athlon 2500, HP pavilion, Windows XP

Problem: I cannot browse cpanel. Both firefox & Iexplorer timeout when trying to load the page, either with the cpanel URL given by tch, http://www.thedreamschool.com/cpanel , or the http://www.thedreamschool.com:(cpanel port # - I forget at the moment)

I can access cpanel through AOL on another computer. I can access FTP through the laptop, but I need cpanel access through the laptop.

Firewall is not the problem. The problem exists regardless of enabled or disabled firewall. There are no external firewall programs, trojan or virus protection programs running or installed.

Once I did a fresh format/install of XP, before any other programs were installed, I could access the cpanel, but after installing my normal programs, it would no longer work.

Suspect programs are: Xampp (apache, mysql, email, php... for windows package), Yahoo/AOL IM, freeenet, Airimba Connections Manager, Kazaa/Sharezaa...

As a side note, for some unknown readon I cannot install or run any versions of AOL on the laptop either.

I'd like to be able to access phpmyadmin with this laptop & airimba connection. Is there a 3rd party app that will allow me to create mysql accounts, databases... w/out cpanel?

Thanks for the support.

BTW I did a goole search for blocked cpanel and out of the handful of hits, I got another complaint from a member of TCH. I suspect it has something to do with this ISP. I saw other users on TCH have the same problem.

Spread the love:

:)

Once I did a fresh format/install of XP, before any other programs were installed, I could access the cpanel, but after installing my normal programs, it would no longer work.

This tells me its something you installed and its not the ISP. If it were the ISP then it wouldn't have worked at all.

I would check each program you installed after the clean install to find the culprit.

Hi, I am hoping perhaps someone has come accross this before. XP professional on a new machine and I am unable to access my cpanel from it. Is anyone out there familiar with whatever setting it might be that is blocking me? Thanks in advance.

gd

Thanks For the tips and the welcomes guys. I was on the phone with Dell last night for 2 hours. no luck. Its not my provider, not my firewall as i disabled both XP and McAfee still with no luck. I see that someone mentioned it could be another program causing the problem. AOL specifically. Does an uininstall of the offending program take care of this? Real nice new computer but completely useless to me me without my cpanel.

Thanks.

https://www.thedreamschool.com/cpanel

times out

I've added https://www.thedreamschool.com to the trusted sites in iexplorer.

It times out in firefox also.

while I cannot login of course

but it loaded to the login window quickly for me.

and welcome gd :dance:

Have you checked the firewall in your router? As well as the one in XP.

My notebook has a Broadcom BCM94306MP internal wireless EthernetFast EthernetIEEE 802.11g. I have looked for a while and cannot find any internal firewall that belongs to the Broadcom adapter.

I just emailed Airimba wireless tech support explaining my situation. i'll let you know what they say.

I'd like to test the port by accessing another cpanel login screen. Can someone give me some pages that lead to cpanel login prompts hosted by various hosts so that I can test if it is the TCH host or a local problem? Please either email or reply here your cpanel login page and I'll see if it either times out or if I can load the page. I do not need the login or password for this test. Thank you in advance.

gdidly,

Do you have access to Instant messenger?

If so chat me, I will do my best to help you figure this out.

Bill

Let me know what the solution is when you two privately solve it. I'm in the same boat here.

I do not think AOL is interfering, because it is not installed on my laptop and my cpanel is being blocked too. Also, read this: http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...=0entry117608

This leads one to believe the problem was with the ISP, but such a conclusion is not certain.

cpanel: port 2082 and 2083 & 2086. I've tried them all.

Do any of the programs I mentioned earlier match gdidly's installed programs?

My email is Greenlllayahoo.com replace "a" with @.

Louis

tabiat....I will update here when i find a solution but nothing yet. You mention your ISP. for me, that is not it. I can hit the cpanel from another machine sitting right next to this one running through the same cable modem. Gotta be XP of Mcafee firewall.

Yes, I just have not been able to get him at a good time when i am on this machine. I am sure he is pretty busy. I am going to keep trying of course. Supposrt suggested that I make sure port 2082 is unblocked. Does anyone know of a tool that can tell me for sure if the port is actually blocked?

thanks

gd

FWIW...I have XP on my laptop and have no problem access any Cpanel, so I don't think it's an XP issue.  Which then leave possibly a MacAfee issue.  Have you IM'd HeadGuru yet?

I'd like to apologize for suggesting that TCH's cpanel could be the problem. I TCH has been an awesome server all & all. TCH-DON helped me do some tests, & I'm certain now that the problem is on my end, either my ISP, or something else. I strongly believe it is my ISP. I emailed my ISP's tech support (Airimba Wireless) twice asking about port 2083 being blocked, both times I received no response. They usually reply to my messages. Airimba wireless has given me plenty of headaches in the past, & I would not put it past them to be blocking port 2083 cpanel, but who can beat $20-$30/month? Not DSL.

Now, there are plenty of traceroute programs out there, but which one can test over port 2083? I sure hate to download & install a bunch of possbly spyware-ridden shareware/freeware programs before finding one that would do the job. *sigh*.. the quest continues.

If you're really stuck behind a firewall, you might want to try out the cPanel proxy script (http://cpanelproxy.net/). This is a small script which you place on your server, and which will give you access to cPanel over the normal HTTP port.

Note that this script won't let you make secure https connections!

Edited by Beltza

The same problem with my site: www.ekuryba.com

Tried to access http://ekuryba.com/cpanel and https://ekuryba.com/cpanel

The response is the same: The page cannot be found.

I have the following programs installed:

WIndows XP Home edition SP-2

Zone Alarm firewall

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition

Internet Explorer with pop-up blocker

Tried to disable ZA - nothing happens.

The strange thing is that I can access my site through my work PC (AVG antivirus, Windows-2000).

What went wrong? What should I do? Please help :thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

sardaukar, Have you made any progress with this? I have tried it all with no luck at all

The same problem with my site: www.ekuryba.com

Tried to access http://ekuryba.com/cpanel and https://ekuryba.com/cpanel

The response is the same: The page cannot be found.

I have the following programs installed:

WIndows XP Home edition SP-2

Zone Alarm firewall

Norton Antivirus Corporate edition

Internet Explorer with pop-up blocker

Tried to disable ZA - nothing happens.

The strange thing is that I can access my site through my work PC (AVG antivirus, Windows-2000).

What went wrong? What should I do? Please help :)

gdidly, have you opened a help desk ticket with support?

Hey Bruce,

Yes I actually have opened 2. the 2nd one last night. I got some suggestions this morning about turning off firewalls etc. I have tried all of that. But basically the respeonse was that TCH cannot support clients local problems.

Thats totally understandable as everyone has different issues on their machines. I even had Dell send me a new machine. Still no luck.

So, I am back to the forums hoping I may luck out.

I should have gotten into networking instead of databases.

Thanks,

gd

This is going to be difficult to solve. I am assuming it's just cPanel you are having problems logging into. Have you tried http://cpanelproxy.net/ that was mentioned previously in this thread? It is supposed to allow you to access cPanel over port 80 instead of port 2082.

Very difficult indeed. I am going to try this out tonight Bruce, when I am back infront of the problem machine. Thanks. Is there one definative command that will tell me for sure that the port is indeed blocked?

Very difficult indeed.  I am going to try this out tonight Bruce, when I am back infront of the problem machine.  Thanks.  Is there one definative command that will tell me for sure that the port is indeed blocked?

You may be able to go to www.grc.com and run a port scan on your machine and see if it's blocked.

Very difficult indeed.  I am going to try this out tonight Bruce, when I am back infront of the problem machine.  Thanks.   Is there one definative command that will tell me for sure that the port is indeed blocked?

You may be able to go to www.grc.com and run a port scan on your machine and see if it's blocked.

Does Infowave Mobility Server ring a bell to anyone? I just found that on a port list that Cpanel and Infowave Mobility Server conflict with eachother. Some Hp product?

Bruce I can't explain it....my old machine could connect through this modem but the new computer could not. So to me it its obvious its the new computer. After looking at everything on this machine and finding nothing I went back to check the modem and started fiddling around. Now they can both get there through the modem. It was the modem all along. Holy Cow. Well thanks for entertaining my frustration and for your tips. I was starting to doubt my sanity.

Very difficult indeed.  I am going to try this out tonight Bruce, when I am back infront of the problem machine.  Thanks.   Is there one definative command that will tell me for sure that the port is indeed blocked?

Does Infowave Mobility Server ring a bell to anyone? I just found that on a port list that Cpanel and Infowave Mobility Server conflict with eachother. Some Hp product?

Bruce I can't explain it....my old machine could connect through this modem but the new computer could not.  So to me it its obvious its the new computer.  After looking at everything on this machine and finding nothing I went back to check the modem and started fiddling around.  Now they can both get there through the modem.  It was the modem all along.  Holy Cow.  Well thanks for entertaining my frustration and for your tips.  I was starting to doubt my sanity.

Glad you got it working. Never would have guessed a modem problem.