Refugees From That "other" Host?

matman

Without naming names, I just wanted to say that I switched over to TCH last Friday from a "certain other web hosting company" that is apparently going out of business. A company with lots of customers who they have apparently kicked to the curb.

I was just curious about how many fellow refugees are here already.

I wont quote numbers... but lets just say we have broken all previous one day sales records.

The Featureprice announcement kept us busy for two solid days, lets see what the rest of the week brings.

I have ordered more Dell Dual Xeon Servers!!!

:) :D :D

Whoa, HG, I thought we weren't going to name names!!!

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad to see that our misfortune is bringing business to tch in droves, anyway. Something good had to come of it.

Whoa, HG, I thought we weren't going to name names!!!

:D

Anyway, I'm glad to see that our misfortune is bringing business to tch in droves, anyway. Something good had to come of it.

No you said you were not naming names!

I never said that.

:) ;) :)

I left Feature Price in February. There are other refugees here, and we are all happy!

Life with FP started quite well, and ended horribly (sort of like some other relationships I've had).

Fortunately, TCH Rocks and we all get to live happily ever after here.

--Beth

Note to all: the above was Lianna's 1300th post.

Lianna ROCKS!

--Beth

Actually, Beth, I owe you a "thanks" since it was your posting on another board that led me here to TCH.

So -- THANKS!

Another FP refugee.

I started hosting with FP around Feb 2001. Things were actually pretty good back then - they even had an ICQ contact that was right there to answer questions 24/7. Things went downhill for me in Jan of this year when I tried to renew the domain/hosting account. Luckily, I used my Discover card to secure the original hosting. What's funny is I never did renew my hosting accounts, they just renewed them automatically. (never saw that 'feature' nor am I able to find it displayed anywhere <_< ) The topper to all that was FP demanding me to send a front/back photocopy of my Discover card and driver's license in order to receive a refund. Heh, I don't think so - CROOKS! FP is still holding $140 hostage but now they have to deal with Discover about it.

I honestly cannot recall how I ran across TCH, but I am so happy I did. It only took one visit to the TCH site, including a browse through the forums and a test drive of the live chat to ask some questions, and my decision was made. Here I am and here is where I plan to stay!

TCH Rocks

• 3 weeks later...

Uh yup. I'm from there too and had it not been for a random email not even from them I'd have never known. I was just trying to ride out my year before switching but, well here I am 4 months early.

I was able to transfer one site no problem but the second I'm told I dont have permissions. My first password never worked, I had to reset it. I'm on my second ticket <_< . Reading all the "rocks" statements I'm trying not to be worried but after FP how can you NOT be??

Hoping for the best!

There was nothing wrong with your password, I just FTP'd into your account without issue.

As I told you in my response to your help ticket, you have to refer to the second welcome email.

Permissions are fine, your second account is fine, the password your using IS NOT fine.

You have two accounts, therefore you have two userids and passwords.

Rick,

I tried to IM you and I did PM you. I appreciate your empathy and support. Hardly what I got from another tech who was able to ftp to my site and insists there's no problem.

Heres the thing though. I still cannot FTP nor can I see the file he uploaded (There is NO public directory). I'd like to restate I do have two accounts with you and I did the exact same thing with this one as I did with the other with no problems. I triple checked my entries to what was provided to me and I get the error I stated in my ticket.

BTW the second ticket that you left open was closed as "resolved" by the other tech. It isnt.

thanks.

Bill,

It isnt fine. I know and used the information for the seperate account. Theres no public directory and I dont see your file (although I do see what you posted if I look up my URL).

Also, you seemed quite upset in the ticket that I didnt provide my password. No where did I see that I had to provide my password for service.

Not upset at all. The help desk clearly states -

Please be very precise in describing your support needs. We can not answer tickets without having a full understanding of the issue at hand. To expedite your ticket, make sure you have included your cPanel Password and Username. We will not answer tickets placed without them!

Glad you got it working and were able to upload.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a refugee, but I just got my account setup and my site propagated today. It's been several hours and I'm already more impressed with TCH than I thought possible. And the biggest thing, other than the serious cPanel and slew of options and capabilities..... I know it's been said many times too... is the customer support.

Looking forward to staying put here for a while.

I was caught in the mist of all of the mess. I'm still hoping my credit card co. can refund my $$$. Just renewed 2 months ago. I stumbled across TCH by accident and joined withing hours. I am very happy here so far. From the looks of things I will be for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...