Should This Be Allowed?

youneverknow

Here is a link to an article that appeard in our local paper. Apparently some entrpenour is making hunting animals a business on the web. For a fee you can hunt pigs. Cameras located on the farm track the animal and the person using the web site can remotely track a high powered rifle to kill the beast with a click of the mouse.

I hope some law will stop this practice but knowing Texas law it will probably be OK. B)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/214...motehunt07.html

What do you think of this?

youneverknow

How lazy can you get?  Next thing you know people will be able to play golf at Augusta on line.

Now THAT would be wrong! How can you even SUGGEST such a thing ... it's golf heresy! I'm outraged at such a suggestion! B)

(ok ... really just kidding ... stop typing ...)

I'm not a hunter at all so I give no opinion on more serious matters. :D

I think it has it's place. Like the guy paralyzed from the chin down. He was an avid hunter before his accident. This gives him the chance to do something he enjoyed that he would not be able to do otherwise.

If they were animals that are pinned in I wouldn't agree with it, but they are free roaming animals just like if you were sitting up in a tree hunting in person.

Being from Texas I just can't ignore this. While I havn't hunted in years, that animal has a better chance than the one you bought from the market.

I don't believe we should be able to kill God's creatures with the click of a mouse," said Smith

Of course not he likes his killed with a pneumatic hammer while riding down a conveyer belt in a plant. The fact is if you eat meat it was killed. So next time you order bacon remember where it came from.

As a side note, the wild or ferral hogs in that article are not native to Texas and have become a problem over the years. Including over population and destroying the habitats of other animal in Texas forests.

It seems more silly than wrong. Essentially you're paying $300 to get a shot off on a pig and then have somebody else finish it for you. And seriously, the "hunting experience"? Not even close. Braving the elements, being one with nature, that's all supposed to be part of it. But really the only issues I'd have here is if they are baiting the animals or if they are not using the meat for something, such as food. You'd think these people could take their $300 and get a good video game hunting simulator. To each his own I guess.

What next?

Reality meet the computer world.

We already have that - it's called video games! :)

These things are getting so realistic I was playing one and got shot from behind and almost fell out of my chair it was so "enveloping".

Sure, it's another thing to kill a living animal. But this is just a different means. People go out all the time and hunt in real life, so what's the difference? Besides, just think about hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken fingers, etc.

I don't see the big problem here, as long as it's regulated like traditional hunting.

Playing counter-strike is probably more interesting and will cost much less. Also where is the thrill?

Makes me wonder... if a small business with low budget is able to make a machine control a gun over the internet, think about what the army is able to do with all the money they put in research :P