Hoping Tch Can Cope!

Glovebox

:thumbup1:

Hi

I already have quite a few sites hosted on TCH but the biggest one (wrestlecrazy.com), I have been stalling over because its quite a large database and I didnt want to mess anything up. I have already signed up for the new hosting and paid, but I want to be sure that TCH can handle the relatively large requirements of the database etc. before moving all the files and doing the nameservers. Especially with the planned recorded radio show in the works. I was fed up of Unitedhosting's amount of downtime and understaffed support.

Just seeking reassurance.

Adam

WrestleCrazy

Hi Adam.

Depending on how big the site is (how much disk space, how much bandwidth, how much CPU it needs), a shared server account can be enough or you may need a semi-dedicated (or even a dedicated server).

Since it depends on various factors, there's really no way to tell what type of account your site will require but if you talk to someone from the tech department, perhaps you can arrange so that your site is kept under watch and immediately upgraded to a semi-dedicated or dedicated server, if the need arises. If you work together with TCH and keep your site when you transfer it and immediately act if something wrong is noticed, I'm sure you can do the transfer without many problems :thumbup1:

Thanks Greg, the count is about 230 I think. Afraid I cannot take full responsibility. It is a pre-modded forum from phpbbfm.net, with 30 or so mods I have added.

The template is my own though.

Adam

Edited by Glovebox