Forward To Cell Phone

I've set up an email forwarder so that any email sent to mycell@domain.com forwards to my cell phone email address of 2035551234 [at] cingularme.com

Seems to not forward, as the message never gets to my cell phone. But if I send an email directly to the cell phone address, it works fine. I've sent the email from different addresses (work, my domain, etc) with the same results.

Is this something that should work? If so, maybe a help ticket is needed. Any clues!

Thanks!

TCH-Bruce: I edited your email address

That's what I'm thinking now. Forwarding on TCH seems to be fine, as I created a forwarder to my work email, and it was fine. Got to be Cingular not taking in the emails as a forward, but only as a direct email. Thanks!

Hi Scott,

I just tried this with my cingular phone and it worked both with the email forwarder and sending directly to the phone.

Double check what you typed in for your phone number email address...the first time I tried the forwarder it didn't work, but I discovered it was because I had transposed two numbers in my phone number. (someone has a message from me and is wondering who I am LOL)

Edited by GroovyFish

Double checked everything. I then tried this, set up an email forwarder at GoDaddy for one of my other domains, forwarded to mycell(at)cingularme.com and it works just fine. Now looks like TCH doesn't like Cingular, or Cingular doesn't like TCH. Can't we all just get along :)

Even more weird stuff. Added a forwarder to my GoDaddy forwarder, which forwards to my cell phone. It works. Only thing that doesn't appear to work for me is a TCH forwarder to my cell phone. Will keep looking around and trying things.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same issue with Cingular (and here I thought I was the only one doing this) :clapping:

Not sure why but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I know that the size of the email message may have something to do with it. I was just sent an email to my TCH account (with photo's attached) and the person who sent it to me got an undeliverable response. He thought the error was from my TCH email account but when I looked at the message it was actually from Cingular and it basically complained that the message was too large.

If I send a test email to my TCH account it seems to forward it just fine to my cell phone.

I was wondering if there is anyway to just forward the headers from an email for situations like this? I love getting a text message when someone emails me but if its not reliable, it really doesn't help. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if its possible to create a listening agent to sit on the mail server and wait for new emails to arrive? It would be really cool if the agent would react to a new email received by sending a text message to my cell phone with the FROM email address and the SUBJECT title included.

I tried forwarding my TCH email to my Gmail account (anyone need one?) and then applying a filter to automatically forward it to my Cingular phone but this actually caused a number of text messages sent (5 total) to cover the entire email which to me is overkill. One message just alerting me to the fact I have a new email is all I'm looking for.

Any suggestions (especially with the agent idea) would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know if this is possible as I'm not much of a programmer but I figure I'd ask around here as a start.

Thanks.

I have a Nokia 6600 and t-mobile. I had done the same with my SonyEricsson T610 before. If your phone is not capable of reading email, fuhgetabahtit.

I setup another mailbox, specifically for use with my mobile. With both phones, I could setup the phone to read IMAP email, though they both could read POP. It was just like setting-up a mail client. I can check my mail on the Nokia whenever I need. The T610, when it did have reception, would check automagically. I have my MT blog setup to post to the mailbox, and forward other low-traffic sources to that account. I still setup the mailbox on my mail client for cleanup, since mails seem not to delete properly.