TCH-Tim

Attn: Tch-bruce

Hey Bruce,

I visited your site pdabruce.com and I noticed that on the pages that have scrollbars within the page, such as your Products page, my wheel mouse won't scroll the page when I'm using Firefox. But it will in IE. Have you seen that before? Do you (or anybody) know why that is?

-Tim

Tim, yeah it does the same thing for me in Firefox. Haven't been able to figure out why.

I may just redesign the whole site again when I get some time.

Yeah, what version? I've tried it on 1.0PR, 1.0 and 1.0.1 and it won't scroll. I don't think it did all the way back to .8.

Are you looking at the products page and the inside scroll works for you in FF?

You can scroll the content of the products page from top to bottom with the wheel of your mouse?

Bruce -

In your page's CSS, you're using an overflow attribute to make the scrolling box:

>.body {
      height:450px;
      padding-left: 5px;
      background-color:#FFFFFF;
      border-right:1px solid #000000;
      overflow: auto;
}

The mouse wheel not scrolling this kind of box is a known bug in Firefox (see bugzilla bug 97283 - "Mouse wheel scrolling does not work for elements such as div using overflow - auto or scroll").

This bug is supposed to be fixed with the Firefox 1.1 release (expected in March).

Well, thanks David. I don't have time to redesign the site now anyway so I will wait and see if it does. :)