Current TCH contest

TCH-Bruce

:) Ouch! I just returned the camera I'd borrowed from a friend. Well, even though I'm out of the competition, I decided I'll post this pic I took a few days ago.

Quiz: Guess what these computers have to do with the iPod, and you'll get a... uh... um... "wow!" from me.

You are far from out.

Deadline for entry is April 15th, 2005 12:01AM EST.

Hey! Not fair! You already got one!  :)

A) It's an iPod Mini 6GB and the prize is a Apple 20 GB iPod...a completely different item.

B ) I am more familiar with iPods than people without one which makes me more appreciative of all their features and benefits which others can only dream about or experience tethered to an electronics counter under the watchful eye of a pimply counter attendant, all of which make me far more deserving of the full size version.

C) A marriage with one iPod is not a happy marriage and thus in the interest of preventing marital strife I should win.

D) Alternatively, someone obviously photoshopped that into the picture after I uploaded it in an attempt to sabotage my winning entry. I demand one Apple 20 GB iPod in compensation for this dastardly act against me.

I'm a minimalist. With a MSI K7T Turbo2 motherboard, a 400watt Hercules power supply, an AMD Athlon 2600+ (133Mhz bus) (2Ghz) , a Linksys network card, a Westell broadband DSL modem, a Hercules 3D Prophet MX II video card, 3 sticks PC133 168 pin 256K SDRAM DIMMS,and a Western Digital 40GIG Hard Disk with 8MB buffer, a Hewlett Packard keyboard and a Hewlett Packard Pavilion monitor ( the keyboard and monitor a gift from my mother when she got a new Dell) and laying on my desk, I have my basic access system. This is the core. Nothing else is plugged in until needed. A 56K modem for fax software, 3 various models of CD-ROM/DVD drives, 4 extra Hard disk dives, a nice speaker system. All being controlled by Windows XP professional, no updates or Service Packs installed. The original XP professional I've found through alot of testing was the quickest, and it has not gotten quicker. My system boots in 22 seconds and shuts down in no less than 4 secs. I run AVG anti virus and Kerio 2.14 firewall. It's really a nice system. I aquired it piece by piece. The western digital WD4400JB units have 8MB buffer and can be had from Amazon for 60 bucks, shipping included, they are good, I have 2 of them. The memory is PNY, it lasts, besides it has a lifetime warranty. Here are a couple shots.

http://cvws.info/image/computer0.jpg

http://cvws.info/image/computer1.jpg

oh, and the workspace..

http://cvws.info/image/workspace.jpg

I think I've got about 300 bucks into it.

Hey, this is a cool idea. I'm new so I was not around for the last one. But it's fun seeing what everybody uses.

Wow...I think I seen it all........

But Honestly, I give it to you hands down....Your the winner to me already...lol

Edited by rbb213

Hey! Not fair! You already got one!  :dance:

A) It's an iPod Mini 6GB and the prize is a Apple 20 GB iPod...a completely different item.

B ) I am more familiar with iPods than people without one which makes me more appreciative of all their features and benefits which others can only dream about or experience tethered to an electronics counter under the watchful eye of a pimply counter attendant, all of which make me far more deserving of the full size version.

C) A marriage with one iPod is not a happy marriage and thus in the interest of preventing marital strife I should win.

D) Alternatively, someone obviously photoshopped that into the picture after I uploaded it in an attempt to sabotage my winning entry. I demand one Apple 20 GB iPod in compensation for this dastardly act against me.

A) A 6GB and a 20GB ipod would only lead to marital unrest (mine is bigger than yours)

:) Again, more marital unrest (sounds like you want the 20GB)

C) One more ipod in this family would only lead to......yes, marital unrest

D) In the interest of marital bliss and keeping this family together, we should get back to entries that include CUTE DOGS lol.

In sincerity, I wish you the best of luck

Here's my home office setup.

post-2731-1112767168_thumb.jpg

I swear I didn't do any cleanup before taking the pic, I love my desktop very clean and tidy :)

Oh and if you're wondering where my case is, it's in the next room. :) If there's one thing I hate more than mess, it's noise. The pile of cables going through the wall under the desk hook me up and now I'm all quiet :sleepy: ( I know the cables look a bit messy but it's a small price to pay for silence, I only wish I'd done it earlier )

I just signed up to TCH and let me say I'm impressed. It's cheaper than my last hoster, _plus_ the features you offer blow the other one out of the water!

Anyway, here's my entry for the iPod contest. I have my fingers crossed because I just recently lost mine to the back seat of a cab :(

By the way, that's The Cheat there. I saw other people had their cats in the photos, and since mine wouldn't cooperate I had to improvise ;)

post-6419-1113359562_thumb.jpg

Here's my "productivity pod" in my dorm room here at NC State University. The image is hosted at Flickr.com, so please click on it for notes, a description, and larger versions of the image.

9276329_a21fe4cbf4.jpg

I have the TCH Homepage up there (twice actually), but my domain registration experience was so awesome I made sure to include the TCH domain registration homepage in the shot as well. ;)

To go straight to a large version of the image, you can follow this link:

http://photos4.flickr.com/9276329_a21fe4cbf4_o.jpg

Edited by ocellnuri

Oh and if you're wondering where my case is, it's in the next room. :yes: If there's one thing I hate more than mess, it's noise. The pile of cables going through the wall under the desk hook me up and now I'm all quiet :( ( I know the cables look a bit messy but it's a small price to pay for silence, I only wish I'd done it earlier )

Wow.. my quest for silence lead me to a Zalman CPU cooler and the Antec Sonata case. Your solution is certainly a lot more effective! ;)

Here is my Office/Home workstation.

My wife and I run our own graphic design business from home. As the primary creative member of the team, it's important for me to stay creatively inspired. The photo shows several possible sources of inspiration. Name them and you will WIN a Great Deal of satisfaction.

sigma_wrkspc.jpg

Visiting TCH after a long time, coz exam.. Finally

cool contest btw, okie here are my entries the

first one of home computer and second entry after thinking so much as I don’t have another comp,

I got struck with another idea I read the rules of contest again to make sure my second entry is eligible and it is …

.. so the second entry is very innovative .. total choice hosting on the move p800 ;) :)

post-4783-1113412364_thumb.jpgpost-4783-1113412496_thumb.jpg

Here's my home office setup.

I swear I didn't do any cleanup before taking the pic, I love my desktop very clean and tidy :)

wow... thats sterile.

a bit more tidy than mine<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I don't know, yours looks pretty tidy to me, but I guess the lack of light could be a contributing factor :D :goof:

Oh and if you're wondering where my case is, it's in the next room. :yes: If there's one thing I hate more than mess, it's noise. The pile of cables going through the wall under the desk hook me up and now I'm all quiet :) ( I know the cables look a bit messy but it's a small price to pay for silence, I only wish I'd done it earlier )

Wow.. my quest for silence lead me to a Zalman CPU cooler and the Antec Sonata case. Your solution is certainly a lot more effective! ;)

I went the Zalman cooler route first too, along with a super quiet PSU, noise dampening HDD brackets, the works :) My next progression was going to be water cooling until the obvious hit me smack in the face. :w00t:

The only problem I've found is that sometimes I forget to turn off the PC as I can no longer hear it :D

Cheers

Well, I guess my first post as a TCH customer and forum member will be my office photo. I had to stitch together 3 photos to pull this off (I hope that doesn't count as illegal photoshopping - its not modfying what I see, its correcting for the fact that my wideangle lens is at home).

From Left to Right:

CiscoWorks Console

FreeBSD IDS Monitoring Station

Linux Test Server

Windows Laptop

Triple Head Windows Workstation (w00t!)

I swear the TCH web page is up on the 3rd monitor from the right, but all the white on the page blew out the camera sensor.

Oh, and my giant Ferrari flag in the background!

Don't Miss: The blackberry, the Perl DBI book, and the Subaru STi wall paper, 2 hubs for my server and test VLANs.

post-6438-1113508879_thumb.jpg

GAH!! I barely made the deadline! and I just finished taxes as well. *eye twitching massively*

Restrain your obvious envy of my uber-cool vintage computer and tidy work space :D

My lovely personal assistant (and as today proved, competent therapist), Baci, supported here on a mountain of tax stuff, says 'Hi'. Or 'Help'. :)

desktop.JPG