oldemil

Php

:tchrocks: I need help. I use FrontPage 2003 for my websit.

I trying to use PHP in FrontPage . It just won't work. I have try and try everthing.

What can I do???

Thank You

You can write php in Frontpage...you just gotta get a little creative and "trick" Frontpage a bit. Can you give us more specifics...what you're trying to do and what you've got so far?

Yes, specifics would help, and I concur, you can use FP with PHP. You do need to double-check the PHP as sometimes some PHP code FP thinks is something else. Best thing to do is put your PHP in plain text html not using FrontPage, such as notepad, saving the file as a *.php file. Import into your web and run it to make sure your PHP is working right, before placing it into a FrontPage page or web.

;) I need help. I use FrontPage 2003 for my websit.

I trying to use PHP in  FrontPage . It just won't work. I have try and try everthing.

What can I do???

Thank You

Do I to need to install php and Apache Web Server on my computer?

To use php?

Do I to need to install php and Apache Web Server on my computer?

To use php?

Over on this thread Jim just made my day by pointing us to SOKKIT, a handy little program that handles the Apache and PHP install for you. It took me less than 20 minutes to get it up and running.

I use PHP w/ Frontpage on several of my clients sites.

To use PHP w/ FrontPage you need to have "front of mind" that PHP is server side, rather than client side.

You will not see the results of the PHP code till you put it on a server that has PHP installed.

Or you can download SOKKIT (30 day free trial) and place it on your computer, and put your test PHP files in that domain and run them there before uploading them to your server.

In a nutshell, you just won't see the results of your PHP in the development side of using FrontPage, only after you have it published to your web server will you see it.

All of your PHP code within Frontpage needs to be parsed to PHP, otherwise have <?php and ?> around the PHP code.