Entropy Search Functions

rbb213

I never was able to get Entrophy search to work well.  I opted for a freeware search script called FastFind.

http://www.interspire.com/fastfind/

Now one question though...My index page is a html file...But it says that in needs to be on a php.

In the Installation Walkthrough...

STEP 4. SETUP WIZARD

FastFind includes an integrated 3-step setup wizard, which will step you through the FastFind installation. The wizard collects database login details, as well as various other details, including your FastFind license key.

To start the setup wizard, navigate to the /fastfind/admin folder in your web browser, for example: http://www.yoursite.com/fastfind/admin. This guide assumes that you have index.php setup as your default document in Apache.

Is that the actual index page?

The servers here at TCH will choose index.html first and if it doesn't exist will look for an index.php file. So yes, if you properly uploaded the fastfind files there is indeed an index.php page in that folder.

The index.php file in the fastfind/admin folder is the control panel for fastfind.

And my site is completely done in HTML and fastfind works properly.

The servers here at TCH will choose index.html first and if it doesn't exist will look for an index.php file.  So yes, if you properly uploaded the fastfind files there is indeed an index.php page in that folder.

The index.php file in the fastfind/admin folder is the control panel for fastfind.

And my site is completely done in HTML and fastfind works properly.

Hey Bruce, I keep getting an error in the login setup....

An error occured while trying to connect to database on '66.36.231.135': Access denied for user: 'redline@server80.totalchoicehosting.com' (Using password: YES)

Users in fastfind

redline_redline (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

Connection Strings

Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:redline_fastfind:localhost","redline_redline","<PASSWORD HERE>");

PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "redline_redline", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());

mysql_select_db ("redline_fastfind");

Any thoughts?

Rocky

Choose while file types to index.

When indexing a web site, you can choose the exact file types that you want indexed.

This comes in handy if you have a dynamic web site and only want to index the static portion of it.

This is where you would decide what the search script would index (search your site) to be used for visitor searches.

Choose while file types to index.

When indexing a web site, you can choose the exact file types that you want indexed.

This comes in handy if you have a dynamic web site and only want to index the static portion of it.

This is where you would decide what the search script would index (search your site) to be used for visitor searches.

That is what I dont know how to do....do you have time to show me what the string should look like?....

My settings look like this:

Website URL:  http://www.example.com

Starting path:  blank (nothing entered)

File types to include:  htm, html

URL keywords to ignore: /cgi-bin,  /ffind, /images, /mail

Query strings to ignore: PHPSESSID

Crawl Depth:  3

include subdomains is unchecked.

It is setup in the same manner. However on the *.html files for the database, is there anything special strings that needs to be indexed so the search engine can look at for the query?

This is what comes up when I tell fastfind to crawl...

Total time taken to index: 2 second(s)

Number of pages crawled: 16

Number of pages indexed: 0

Number of pages that couldn't be indexed: 32 (Click here for details)

PROGRAM IS RUNNING, BUT HAS PROBLEMS

I can't seem to get indexing to work!

""Make sure that your server has output buffering and flushing enabled. If you are not sure about this, ask your adminstrator. ""

^^What is that?^^

PROGRAM IS RUNNING, BUT HAS PROBLEMS

I can't seem to get indexing to work!

""Make sure that your server has output buffering and flushing enabled. If you are not sure about this, ask your adminstrator. ""

^^What is that?^^

Don't have a clue sorry. Maybe ask the help desk. I didn't have to do anything to get it to work. I just reindexed my site to be sure.

Site Index Complete!

The results of the index are shown below. Click 'Continue' when you're done.

Total time taken to index: 41 second(s)

Number of pages crawled: 60

Number of pages indexed: 60

Number of pages that couldn't be indexed: 0