Dns Pointers

LeeD

Hi to all-

I purchased a domain thru Total Choice as well as a hosting account yesterday, and received a welcome email with necessary information. I see that the site is a "parked domain", and I understood that this was normal for the first few hours/days.

However, in reading some of the forum postings, I came across a situation similar to mine in which the poster was advised to change the DNS pointers with the registrar, even though the welcoming email does not say that. Out of curiosity (which always gets me in hot water) I logged in to the registrar, but I can't find the section where I can do that.

Hope that someone can clear up this confusion for me.

Thanks in advance-

Lee ;)

As far as I know, if you registered the domain through TCH and answered yes on the question if you are also gonna host your domain with TCH, you should not need to do more.

I can be a little wrong in this since it was a long time ago I registered my domain, but the other guys will correct me if I´m wrong. ;)

If you are seeing a Coming Soon page then your domain nameservers are set to the parked nameservers. You will need to log into the domain management and change them to the nameservers listed in your Welcome E-mail. If the domain is locked you will need to unlock it before making the changes.

Hi,

We have discovered an error on our domain registration process. Even though a customer was not asking for the new domain name to be parked, the system was parking all new domains.

We have since corrected this issue and new domain purchases are once again pointing to our domain name servers.

Sorry for any troubles this caused.

Bill

Bill-

I appreciate all the help here at TCH--really reassuring to a new user like myself. My last question (I hope!) is this: after unlocking the domain name at the registrar's site to change the DNS pointers, should the domain name be relocked? This is probably a ridiculously silly question, but will ask it anyway!

Regards,

Lee