Private Domain Registration

LeeD

I am in the process of registering domains, and I noticed the private registration option. Does anyone have any opinions and/or recommendations about this method?

Since I have never had a domain/hosting before, this is all new "stuff" to me!

Appreciate any input you may have!

Lee

If you wish to keep your information private so that when someone does a whois lookup then yes, go with the private option.

It's sort of the same thing as having an unlisted telephone number. My domains are not set to be private and I've had them for years with no problems.

It's purely up to you the user whether or not the information be kept private.

Sure you are going to get spam, but I don't think hiding your email on a domain is really going to help cut down on spam that much.

While some people may do it for that reason, I have my domain registration information private so that my home address and phone number are not available to the public.

I think that this option is exspensive.

Sure you are going to get spam, but I don't think hiding your email on a domain is really going to help cut down on spam that much.

Weezy

I use this option on all my doamins and it's not going to help with email to the domain but that is not the purpose of this option. I forgot to purchase it on a domain that I recently renewed and within two days my contact email box was full of spam. So I would YES it does make a difference.