Frontpage 2003

DHS

Not sure when it happened or how. I use Frontpage 2003 for website designing. After a fresh load of system I don't have a problem everything works great. But some where along the line my FP 2003 gets a setting corrupted, changed, not sure what happens.

I just know that when I'm building a website on my computer, and what to have a picture on the page, and the picture is either a gif or png with a transparent back ground, the picture shows up with either a black or white back ground in FP2003. When I view the page on the internet the gif or png has a light blue background.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it so that a transparent background shows up transparent in Frontpage.

I check all my images to ensure that they have a transparent background before importing them into Frontpage.

It's been a while ... but I've used FP in the past. As I remember it, there is a property setting on at least the .gif images that you can set as transparency or not. It's an optional thing.

Check the property for your pictures once they are in FP ... make sure they are identified as transparent.

Good luck!

Bill H

• 11 months later...

Another thing, IE doesn't support transparent images. I've got screen shots to prove it lol. Opera/FF/Mozilla display transparent images properly, however. And as FP uses the MSIE engine to display pages, that would likely be the source of your problem.

Edit: At least I know for a fact it doesn't support transparent PNG's. I don't know about GIF's, don't use 'em.

Edited by cajunman4life

There are some ways using IE 'behaviors' that you can force IE to support (somewhat) png transparency. You get a tiny flicker sometimes on the page load, as IE corrects itself and shows the transparent version... but it's possible to do.

Search for 'IE png transparency .htc'

Edited by surefire