Status Pages

Head Guru

As we prepare for the launch of our new and improved Server Status Pages there are a few changes we will be making.

The largest impact to customers will be that access to the status pages will now be protected. We have setup a customer verification process that will allow you to obtain full access to the server status pages.

*Changing policy on how we will get customers access to pages*.

The new status pages will be very nice.

I expect to have the new pages ready to roll out in the next 30 days.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to thank everyone for their patience and inform you that the Server Status Pages are up and running.

First off, there is no need to submit a request for access, we have decided to provide you open access to the Server Status Pages.

You will find the reports and status pages that were used to, as well as some new additions. These new features include detailed status reports and reports accessible via your cell phones and PDA for those of you on the go.

As well, we have added uptime stats for all the TCH servers.

Enjoy!

Thank you for choosing TotalChoice Hosting where Choice does Matter !

• 3 weeks later...

I tried looking at http://www.tchstatus.com/monitoring/detailed.htm and all I see are blank pages??

http://www.tchstatus.com/monitoring/status.html shows 0 tests, 0 pass 0 fail??

http://www.tchstatus.com/uptime.html shows:

Our Server Status Pages are under Development.

Please visit the TotalChoice Hosting Family Forum for more information.

What is going on??

Michael

• 3 months later...

Some hosting companies hide behind false promises and undelivered services. TotalChoice stands behind what we offer. To maintain the highest levels of integrity, our uptime numbers are independently verified by a 3rd party. We have contracted with Server Monitoring to conduct all our uptime auditing and verifications.

Our Uptime Report Pages are under Development.

Please visit the TotalChoice Hosting Family Forum for more information.

This is what I see if I want to check the server uptimes. The link sends me to these posts. How do I check server status?

I believe the date is screwed up. The buttons are all active and working.

While it's true that the buttons are working, I've yet to see them show anything other than Green status, even when the server in question really is down. I think this page is a bit hosed...

Regards,

Dan

I'd also like to note that in the "subscribe" dropdown list, if you want to subscribe to updates for server 36, you have to click on the first (of 2) server 37 option.

I'd also like to note that in the "subscribe" dropdown list, if you want to subscribe to updates for server 36, you have to click on the first (of 2) server 37 option.

Thanks for the heads up. This has been corrected and newest servers added. We will update this post when status pages are complete.

Thank you.

Tchstatus.com is up and running without issue.

Still get the same thing. A link to this forum instead of an uptime report. No offense because I love TCH, but I would like to know if the reports are going to work or not. One of my customers were having email problems the other day and I would like to be able to give them a good answer to why. If the page isn't up thats fine. But I would like to get a definite answer for them without having to contact the help desk. I know the reports that work are always going to say active, being down less than .5% of the time. I need to be able to tell a customer yes there was a problem on such and such a date. A historical report would be great. If I understand correctly the reports being shown would only help if there was a problem right now ( which I would know anyway because their site would be down, right? )

Hi,

When you get to http://tchstatus.com/ you should see a number of links on the left.

"Current Network Status" - which takes you to a summary of the current status for all servers (nice pretty red / green lights to say if it's good or not)

"Server Monitoring Pages" - which you can use to get down to details information on all services.

etc.

The only place that links to the forum I can see is at the very bottom, where you can select a server for "Status updates". This links you to the correct area of this forum where we post any issues with a given server.

Unless, of course, you are referring to the uptime reports for the past (ie. What was the server doing 3 hours ago). The uptime reports are still under development.

Now this is weird. If I enter www.tchstatus.com into Safari, I get the message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://tchstatus.com/” because it could not connect to the server “tchstatus.com”.

But if I enter the same URL into Firefox, the web page opens normally.

• 2 months later...

I noticed this thread was started sometime ago. But a quick question, what is the status of the of showing a server's uptime history? Has this been abandoned? I would like to have peace of mind being able to look at statistics that have show how long my server has been running smoothly.