CCS

Smtp Email Problems

I am having problems sending emails from MS Outlook. I contacted TCH Support, they tested the account through my hosting with no problems. I can also test through outlook with no problems. I contacted the ISP, they gave me their SMTP address and now I can send. Once I place my TCH SMTP back into the outgoing address, I can not send.

This does not make sense to me but thought that maybe someone here could help me.

I also turned off all firewalls and anti-virus and tried to send. I can send from the webmail (but does me no good with a formatted email).

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Dori

Sounds like your ISP is blocking port 25. I have the same problem, so I use my TCH settings for incoming and ISP´s settings for outgoing.

I never had this problem until just this week. My ISP calims that since we have a business account they do not block anything. So how do I try port 26?

Thank again,

Dori

Dori more and more an isp will block port 25 without telling us.

In outlook tools > account

look for advanced settings and port 25

I don't use it but it will be in there somewhere

change to port 26 and give it a try.

Also be sure that four you outgoing through you domain that you are authenticating yourself.

Check the box that you SMTP server requires authentication. Then make sure you use your user@yourdomain.exe for the login and the password you created.

That in addition to changing to port 26 should get you going.