Mail List Spam

Gil

Gil -

Are you using one of the mailing list functions provided by TCH (i.e., FormMail)?? If so, you must make certain you have a couple of options blocked.

Under Privacy Options (this is for FormMail), I strongly recommend the following:

1. "Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?" NO

2. "Who can view subscription list?" LIST ADMIN ONLY

3. "Must posts be approved by an administrator?" YES (and even then, reject all posts, because, as I found out the hard way :P , that message then gets broadcast out to the entire list, and does NOT just get sent to you!)

4. "Restrict posting privilege to list members?" YES (and then follow the rule from #3)

Hope this helps!!

Sully

Are you sure you don't mean Mailman instead of FormMail? Those options sound pretty familiar to me. :P

Anyways, the only option you need to check is the one to restrict posting privilege to list members. That way only people actually on the mailing list can send messages through it. Everything else is rejected.

Are you sure you don't mean Mailman instead of FormMail? Those options sound pretty familiar to me. :)

Anyways, the only option you need to check is the one to restrict posting privilege to list members. That way only people actually on the mailing list can send messages through it. Everything else is rejected.

Yes - Mailman.

I overlooked that option - thanks loads.

Gil