Question About Thanking Help Desk People

LunarMagic

I'm just wondering, with help desk tickets, should/can you reply to the last one that solved the problem and thank them for their help? I get the feeling I should only reply if I have a further issue. But I feel so bad not leaving a thank you note for them!

PS - you know on TCH's main site, the neat flash menu that slides in and flips on, well it repeats itself over and over again in Firefox. Just thought I'd let you know. :angry:

You can reply to the ticket thanking the tech that helped you, I would actually encourage it. In tech support jobs you rarely hear when you did something right, but you always hear about something that was done wrong, which is why most support techs burn out after a while and simply get fed up.

We all appreciate the 'Thank You' comments. While we sometimes will respond, most often we will read the message, close it, and get back to work. :)

There are some cases where an especially nice comment is made where we will post in in our Staff area so that all can see it.

:)

I think the help desk is one of the best things about TCH...

I try very hard to help my customers like TCH does, as fast as possible!

I remember having to get help from a domain site once, I got a reply they would get back to me in 12-48 hours. EEEEK!

LOL!

Weezy

I try to reply back to the help tickets after my problem has been solved or question has been answered thanking whoever handled my ticket.

And I have to agree with Mike on rarely hearing about doing a good job and always hearing about doing a bad job. I work at Wal-Mart and the customers rarely ever walk up to a store manager when an employee has been helpful or just plain extremely courteous to them to let the manager know. But the first time we make mistake...they high tail to the managers to complain about us. And that's another reason why I try to always thank the support people.

Wow- I feel terrible! ;)

After having 5 or 6 help desk queries solved for me in the last few months, I debated sending a well deserved thank you- but decided that it would just clog the system and waste the time of those involved.

Will take all of your advice to correct this in the future.

In the meantime- please forward my belated thanks to the help desk folks! ;) :lol:

You can reply to the ticket thanking the tech that helped you, I would actually encourage it.  In tech support jobs you rarely hear when you did something right, but you always hear about something that was done wrong, which is why most support techs burn out after a while and simply get fed up.

This is something I've always done and never really thought about whether or not it was advisable. Like many others, it just seems the thing to do.

With very rare exceptions, the techs here have always solved my problems within minutes and I appreciate that greatly. I especially love the times when the problem is solved before I can log into my mail to find their response. ;)

Take a bow TCH techs!

Hi, :)

Glad this topic was brought up. I had a few tickets to the help desk when I first joined TCH. I did wonder about saying thank you, but, like one of the previous posters - I knew the help desk gets a large number of tickets each day and I didn't want to waste their time and "clog up their system" so to speak.

Thank you for all the time you spend helping each of us - regardless of the urgency of the problem. It is very much appreciated. :)

In future, I will know it is okay to reply to the ticket with a "thanks" and not feel I am wasting your time.

Gail