Why Can't Someone Get My Site By Placing The Www

nhlee

This seems strange. My husband and my sister both have their own computers.

They tried opening my site by going www.ourlilbear.com and what they found was Totalchoice Hosting and it says the domain is parked.

Now, if they just go to ourlittlebear.com they get the site.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lee

Do they use the same ISP as you? Both URLs (w/ and w/o www.) take me to your site, I don't see any parked pages.

I see the domain is still new (1 day or so), maybe it's a DNS propagation issue, I suggest waiting one more day :clapping:

EDIT: (now that I read your site) sorry for Austin :D Hope he's getting better, I read that this condition can be corrected by surgery, my best wishes to you all.

Thank you for getting back to me on this so quickly.

I really love this board...everyone is so helpful and pleasant :clapping:

to Ayman: Thank you for your well wishes for Austin. He is having surgery in May and of course I (Austin's Nana) will be there!

He just had tubes put in his ears 2 weeks ago and now his little body is rejecting the tubes and developing an absess around the tubes so there may be more surgery for him before May.

Poor little guy.

• 1 month later...
This seems strange.  My husband and my sister both have their own computers.

They tried opening my site by going www.ourlilbear.com and what they found was Totalchoice Hosting and it says the domain is parked.

Now, if they just go to  ourlittlebear.com they get the site.

I just tried to use live chat support and I got cut off somehow -- it said my support person had left the chat session. Anyway, it looks like I should have come here and searched first. (Sorry to whichever support person I bothered.)

I'm having the exact same issue -- lakeneuron.com works but www.lakeneuron.com gives me a 403 error. Judging from the discussion further down, this must just be a propagation issue, and will work itself out in a day or two. I sort of halfway suspected this anyway, and so it's good to have confirmation.

This seems strange.  My husband and my sister both have their own computers.

Now, if they just go to  ourlittlebear.com they get the site.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lee

Awww.. what a cutie.. nice site!

Weezy

I'm having the exact same issue -- lakeneuron.com works but www.lakeneuron.com gives me a 403 error. Judging from the discussion further down, this must just be a propagation issue, and will work itself out in a day or two. I sort of halfway suspected this anyway, and so it's good to have confirmation.

No problems loading either here in SW Ohio.

I'm getting them both here now, too. Thanks for checking, everyone!

Spoke too soon.

I left the house for a couple of hours, and when I came back, suddenly I can't get to my main page or my WordPress dashboard at all -- I get a 404 or 403 error whether I use www or not.

I assumed that propagation was a one-way process, that once my new DNS information had gotten to a particular server it would stay there. I haven't changed anything, and can't figure out what's going on. I am on a dial-up connection from here at home, if that makes any difference.

Can the rest of you still see lakeneuron.com ? Can anyone reassure me that I'm not going crazy?