Lonelydreamer

Invision Power Board

The current version is 1.2 in your system but there is a 1.3 out but its not availible in CPanel and the link that the board gives me to upgrade requires a username and password to install it... are there any plans to upgrade?

The software choices are whatever cPanel has in its latest stable release, so it depends if cPanel includes it or not. =)

The login to what? I'm a bit confused. It should be wherever you installed it, you can ftp in and upgrade it manually anytime. =)

Invision Power Board is a pretty expensive program... when I login to the admin panel of IPB it tells me that my version is out of date and needs to be updated then I get a login page.

If you are speaking about clicking on the upgrade button in the admin panel taking you to an Invision (site) login screen that is for people that have purchased an Invision license.

Version 1.3 was the last free version Invision offered and when they released version 2.0 it disappeared. So unless you can find somewhere else to get version 1.3 you are out of luck. You will have to either purchase a license to use version 2.0 or stick with version 1.2.

You could always install phpBB which still has a free license.

my site is on server 11 and i can't find invision power board either. under addon scripts are there is, is php and advanced guest book. then under bulletin boards there is only the php installer. is there some place that i have overlooked?

If you are speaking about clicking on the upgrade button in the admin panel taking you to an Invision (site) login screen that is for people that have purchased an Invision license.

Version 1.3 was the last free version Invision offered and when they released version 2.0 it disappeared.  So unless you can find somewhere else to get version 1.3 you are out of luck.  You will have to either purchase a license to use version 2.0 or stick with version 1.2.

You could always install phpBB which still has a free license.

Ok what about the email I just received about making sure our blogs are upgraded, Is Invision a blog? I loaded the program from the list of stuff on my cPanel. :thumbup1:

Invision is not a blog, so you don´t have to worry about that in this case.

To name a few blogs, Wordpress, Movabletype, Express engine. There are many others that I dont know the name of, but have a look in our blog section if you like. :thumbup1:

:dance:

Invision is not a blog, so you don´t have to worry about that in this case.

To name a few blogs, Wordpress, Movabletype, Express engine. There are many others that I dont know the name of, but have a look in our blog section if you like. :)

Ok great I don't need to do anything :)

:thumbup1:

Thanks!

Invision Power Board is a pretty expensive program... when I login to the admin panel of IPB it tells me that my version is out of date and needs to be updated then I get a login page.

You may want to look at Simple Machine forum

It is a php and mysql forum by the original creators of yabba board and the have and active forum for support.