gorriedt

Premature End Of Script Headers! Perl Help!

Hey Folks...

Well, I searched and searched for answers from other posts, but couldn't really seem to find any! It look like most of the people that had the same issues they're problems just disappeared!

So here's what I've got going:

I'm testing out a perl script, all I need to do is upload the files, change 1 line of code, and chmod.

I've double checked that I'm uploading all *.cgi as ASCII and I know that I've chmod correctly! I also tried the trick of playing with the file in the Cpanel file editor and saving it to see if that helps, but I still get this error:

File does not exist: /home/melanie/public_html/404.shtml

File does not exist: /home/melanie/public_html/500.shtml

Premature end of script headers: /home/melanie/public_html/cgi-bin/selectfile/saf_setup.cgi

I also know that the path to perl is correct in the first line: #!/usr/bin/perl

Is there anyone that can offer some help? I've installed dozens of scripts before without an issue...but this perl stuff is killing me! I feel slightly dumb now!

Thanks everyone!

Here's the web address to the script:

http://gamblerealestategroup.com/cgi-bin/s...e/saf_setup.cgi

I'll also attach an image of the cpanel file manager of the folder within the CGI-Bin

-Dave

post-1099-1106849027_thumb.jpg

gorriedt, I wish I knew more about the perl side of the world,, but I dont sorry, Hang in there though someone with perl knowledge will see this and be able to help you...

If not I will see what I can do ...

RobertM

PS welcome to the forum

:tchrocks:

I've dabbled in perl but usually when you get a 500 internal error the file was uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii. But you say that you uploaded in ascii. The perms are correct.

Can you give us a link to where you got the script?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the quick response! I too have "dabbled" in it before, and I just can't figure this one out! I got the script from this site: PerlServices

I've tried 2 or 3 different ftp programs (fetch, transport, and another one i can't remember!) and made sure the files were uploaded right...should I try uploading them through cpanel?

-Dave

Hey Bruce,

Yeah, here's all they give me:

File does not exist: /home/melanie/public_html/500.shtml

Premature end of script headers: /home/melanie/public_html/cgi-bin/selectfile/saf_setup.cgi

I guess I'm getting the 404 because I don't have a 500.shtml error page yet!

'Tis very odd!

-Dave

I had TCH-Rick have a look and he discovered this:

Bad name after adminemail' at saf_cfg.lib line 31.

Compilation failed in require at ./saf_setup.cgi line 65.

So it looks like there is something wrong with the saf_cfg.lib file. I don't know if that is much help but you can go back to the site where you purchased the script and ask them.

Or you may want to remove all of it and start over.

It figures the first time I actually PAY for a script (I usually use GPL stuff!) it doesn't work! Go figure? Well, thanks again guys for all the help.

You guys really are why this place is the "family" part of TCH.

I'm sure I'll be back!

-Dave

Dave, you paid for the script. I would go back to them and ask why you are getting the errors indicated.