MT Install - Can't run mt-check.cgi

digital_distortion

i have installed MT a couple of times earlier and thought it would be easier this time. i dont know what i am doing wrong but whatever i do i am not even able to get to the scgi-bin to run mt-check. whenever i click on that folder it says

You cannot view the contents of this directory.

If you are installing Movable Type for the first time, look at the Installation Instructions.

can someone tell me what i could possibly be doing wrong ?

What happens when you use your browser and point to http://******/scgi-bin/mtcheck.cgi and what are the permissions set to for the scgi-bin folder?  They should be 755 (drwxr-xr-x)

it says page not found. yes the permissions are set correctly. could it possibly have something to do with data source ? i just let it be ./db in the config. i uploaded all the mt files and directories into the scgi folder. should i move them into the cgi folder ? :dance:

1) You're not supposed to be able to view the contents of the scgi-bin directory (a security feature). MT ships with an index.html file (page) that goes into the base installation directory to protect against viewing the directory contents in case it is viewable in a browser. The message you see:

You cannot view the contents of this directory.

If you are installing Movable Type for the first time, look at the Installation Instructions.

...is from that index.html page. As far as that goes, it is installed in the right place and functioning as it should.

2)

What happens when you use your browser and point to http://******/scgi-bin/mtcheck.cgi and what are the permissions set to for the scgi-bin folder?  They should be 755 (drwxr-xr-x)

I don't know if this is the problem, but the file name is mt-check.cgi (not mtcheck.cgi). Trying to browse to mtcheck.cgi in your scgi-bin directory should produce a 404 error page (Page Not Found), because that page really does not exist.

You should try to browse to the following URL in your browser instead:

http://******/scgi-bin/mt-check.cgi

tweezerman, thanks. i got the mt-check running. but it is stuck again in the mt-load cgi where it says

Bad ObjectDriver config: Connection error: Access denied for user: 'radioho_mtdatabase@localhost' (Using password: YES)

hm. what have i messed up here ? i uncommented the following. should i let the commenting remain in ?

ObjectDriver DBI::mysql

Database radioho_blog

DBUser radioho_blog

DBHost localhost

Bruce, OK it is running now. :) but i have no idea how.

you are right about the mismatch in the database name. i had created the radioho_mtdatabase earlier configured it and then deleted it and created radioho_blog and changed the cfg. yet when i ran the load the error message said mtdatabase the first time even though the actual data base name and the cfg file were saying radioho_blog. odd. do cpanels have a freaky memory? :w00t: