Severe Email Problems

ffrazz

For one and one-half days, I have been trying to resolve email problems with the Help Desk.

I have been with tch for 2 years and have been sending and receiving the same amount of emails for over a year.

The error message is:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.sunsetdirectlending.com', Server: 'mail.sunsetdirectlending.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Too many connections from your ip address (reached max connections)', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

All of a sudden we are having this problem.

The help desk just keeps answering that they are testing it fine and they don't respond to my questions to solve my problem.

I beg anybody at tch to help me. I lose about $30,000 a day when this doesn't work.

We will buy more services if that is the solution--please don't leave us out in the cold with no warning, no help, and no support.

Frank Frazzitta

Sunset Direct Lending

First of all if you have been here for two years, you know that we don't leave people out to dry.

How many workstations do you have in your office using the TCH server to check e-mail?

How often are they set to check e-mail. Once per hour, once per 1/2 hour.

This is not about the amount of inbound mail to you, it is about the number of connections you or your office is making to our server. In effect it appears you are making more connections to our server than our ruleset allow.

Perhaps you should consider bringing in a dedicated transit line and a dedicated exchange server to your office. You could hire a 3rd party to support the server and set up. Would cost you very little. If in fact your loose $30,000 a day when your e-mail stops working you need to get your own dedicated servers. Afterall there are 232 or so workdays per year. Can you stand to place nearly 6MILLION dollars in revenue on a shared hosting service?

I just responded to your last ticket reply. This issue needs to be addressed through the Help Desk. Request to have it escalated there and I will move it to our admins to look at if the problem persists. The PhpBB worm problem yesterday required most of their attention which is the main reason it wasn't escalated then.