Filezilla

runninghorse

Hi gang...

Am trying to get Filezilla (latest release, 2.2.10) setup with my settings and layout preference. One thing I want to happen is to OPEN a file upon double-click. So I went thru Edit --> Settings and have checked "open" for this procedure under BOTH "remote file list" AND "local file list". I also have Crimson Editor (text editor) installed to use for my text editing (vs. Notepad/Wordpad), and I have it set as the Default program to open files with, as well as havinig extensions listed below the File Viewing / Editing section (.dat, .txt., .cgi, .pl, etc.) as set to open Crimson as well. When I double-click the file in the Remote list of Filezilla, I see my file being downloaded to a temp dir, and then Crimson opens. HOWEVER, when I double click a file in my Local list, it still opens Notepad. This is driving me nuts! Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? Any Filezilla whiz's out there?

Thanks!!!

I downloaded it and played with it. I set up my editor to be a different editor than notepad. When I double click on an HTML file it opens in my default broswer for viewing. If I right click and select View/Edit it opens in the application I added to edit that extension with.

Did you add a txt path-to-crimson in the custom file associations box?

Bruce,

Yup I have those txt paths setup correct. And I too can do the double-click vs. right click and view/edit. However, it's a pain to right-click and view/edit as opposed to just double clicking. I find it ODD that I CAN double click in the remote side and it opens how I want, yet when I double click in the local site, no go.

Ramsey, you are confusing Open with Edit. When you double click you are telling it to Open the file not Edit it. Symantics I'm afraid. When you double click it is going to open the file in what ever program Windows has associated with the extenstion. If you right click it takes the Edit function you defined.

LOL Bruce, but once it's open, can't you edit then? LOL! Ok, so, symantics aside, can I tell it to "edit" upon double-click? And why, then, does it work for the remote side, yet not for the local side (when in fact both are set to "open" in the preferences). Matter of fact, there's only 3 options for either local or remote: Transfer, Open, and Add to queue.