Temporary Use Of Subdomain In Starter Plan?

tommyhilfiga

hello,

I'm currently with an other hosting company, but their uptime and support gave me no choice but to consider moving.

TotalChoiceHosting being one of my consideration, I'd like to know few things beforehand.

I have a domain name registred with namechpea.com, and its DNS pointing to my host nameserver. I would like to know wether or not I would be able to temporary have a subdomain such as myusername.totalchoicehosting.com so that I can test my host, check if everything works fine, and then once everything is setteled down, change my DNS... does it make any sence?

Also I was wonering if I could use mod_rewrite throught .htaccess...

thanks in advance

The starter plan is 4 bucks and comes with a guarantee.

If for any reason your are not satisfied with the Hosting Services provided, we offer a full money back promise. Simply cancel your Hosting Plan within the first thirty days of service and we will refund your money.

Giving people a sub-domain for free for a month is not very cost effective. But $4.00 I believe is very affordable.

Get the starter and if you are unhappy you can get your money back.

hey thanks for the quick replies. :1eye: a great first impression of TCH

Mike is right, I wasn't asking for a free sub-domain, I just wanted to know if once I registred I could get a temp-url to set-up my website and once everything is set, change the DNS. Does it make more sence? well, it doesn't really matter as Mike already answered but...

again, thanks heaps for the replies.

Tommy welcome to the forum :)

Not everything will work right with the ip addy

like some php includes, you will have to use relative addressing until the domain propagates. And if you install a forum, you will have to modify a copy of the config file to change the addys the same way.

If you need help just ask, we love to help. :)