MT Error - Connection Refused

kindestcut

I have Movable Type installed. Everything seems to be alright so far. However, when I save anything within MT I get a connection refused error. The weird thing is, in spite of the error message, everything saves just fine.

I hate the thought that I'm just going to have to ignore this error everytime I save anything. Can anyone help me?

I've installed MT 3.14

Are you running anything on your pc that sniffs/deals with incoming/outgoing connections?  Such as a firewall or virus scanner?  Zone Alarm, Norton AntiVirus come to mind... anything like that?

Yes, I do have Norton Internet Security running at home. Here at work, I'm sure there's some sort of corporation-wide firewall. However, when I was at the cursed Bloghosts, I was able to save to the server without error at work and home.

Well, I don't run MT so I can't confirm or deny if it is a server problem. However, if you don't mind, we can confirm it pretty quickly. :pissed: If you can PM your MT details (URL, ID and Password) with an account for me to post, I'll make a quick test post and see if the error comes up.

If it does, then it'll be a Help Desk ticket - if it doesn't, we'll go from there. ;)

If you dont' want to let me do that, you might find someone you trust on a different type of setup. I run a Mac and have nothing of any sort that would cause that which is why I suggested it.